Pages not reloading after user actions ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjjeepjeep
    • Jan 2009
    • 3.6.x

Pages not reloading after user actions ?

I'm running on 3.8.6. Started yesterday, having an issue with pages not reloading after a user posts a reply, etc. So user replies to an existing thread, after user posts, the next page that appears is the thread page but almost looks like the cached version instead of the reload that would display their new post. Happening on unread/read posts, new threads, posts.

It's not all users. It's not a specific browser or o/s. I asked my hosting company who of course denied knowing anything. I can push back on them but if I could get a specific tagline to use maybe trigger them to check something specific? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for the input and advice!
  • Kajouka
    • Feb 2006
    • 3.5.x

Are you also having issues with logging in? We started having issues yesterday with this same thing, followed by massive log in issues showing 'cached' pages or bad cookies or something!

Comment

• tjjeepjeep
      • Jan 2009
      • 3.6.x

Yes we are having issues with logging in as well.

Comment

• Kirk Fitzgerald
        • Apr 2012
        • 4.2.x

Weird, I am getting exactly the same problems just suddenly out of the blue today! I disabled the plugin hooks but the problem still persisted!
        sigpic

Comment

• Kajouka
          • Feb 2006
          • 3.5.x

Originally posted by Kirk Fitzgerald
          Weird, I am getting exactly the same problems just suddenly out of the blue today! I disabled the plugin hooks but the problem still persisted!
          You're like the fifth person to show up with this sudden issue.

What version does everyone have? I've got 3.8.5 and the OP has 3.8.6

I just can't think of any reason why something like caching would suddenly STOP working.

Comment

• izzim420
            • Sep 2009

Same issues (opened my own thread) 3.8.7

Comment

• Kirk Fitzgerald
              • Apr 2012
              • 4.2.x

I'm using vb 3.8.7 PL3
              sigpic

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

This is an issue with browser cacheing, something has changed with your webhosts configuration to force a cache of html content. This is a HUGE problem with vBulletin, it does not output static content. Because the browser listens to your webserver tell it the page won't expire for X period of time, the web browser won't re-check it.

Comment

• 93 Krawler
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                  This is an issue with browser cacheing, something has changed with your webhosts configuration to force a cache of html content. This is a HUGE problem with vBulletin, it does not output static content. Because the browser listens to your webserver tell it the page won't expire for X period of time, the web browser won't re-check it.
                  What are the odds of us all having the same hosting company?

At home I use the "remember me" log in checkbox and I didn't have any problems until I logged out and cleaned internet files. So the old cookie worked fine, but the new one doesn't. Something changed the cookie to not work the same.
                  Last edited by 93 Krawler; Wed 5 Dec '12, 4:06pm.

Comment

• Zachery
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • Jul 2002

Its not a cookie issue. The problem is that your browser has been told EXPLICITLY, that it needs to cache this data for longer period of time. The browser uses the old data it was told to use by the server. This is a server issue.

Comment

• Kajouka
                      • Feb 2006
                      • 3.5.x

Originally posted by 93 Krawler
                      What are the odds of us all having the same hosting company?

At home I use the "remember me" log in checkbox and I didn't have any problems until I logged out and cleaned internet files. So the old cookie worked fine, but the new one doesn't. Something changed the cookie to not work the same.
                      When you end up on the old page that is missing posts or on the wrong log in, do control + F5 and if it corrects, it's the same caching issue. I would believe that my webhost probably services more than just me on VB.

We'll see! I'm waiting on a live chat right now.

- - - Updated - - -

this seems to work:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php/412244-Cookies-Log-In-Issue?p=2364370&viewfull=1#post2364370

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...