• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acerath
    • Aug 2005
    • 4.2.X

Remove Group Tab and Attachment Issue

Hi, I have 2 problems:

1) I would like to ask, how can I disable the tab for groups. This is a new site, though I have forum and blog post, I don't want to leave an empty tab for Group as there is nothing yet.

2) The attachment in the blog post only accepts image file? It does not accept Zip or Excel file.

3) How do we show the list of Blogs (not referring to Posts) on the side bar in the Blog page? (It is called categories in wordpress, but I think vb5 call them "Blogs")

4) How do we show the latest comments for the blogs on the the side bar in the home page?

5) Where can we adjust the auto-logout timing for inactivity?

6) When I change the forum or blog name in the Admincp area, the name change but the url did not change. For example:

There was once I changed from Main Forum to General Discussion.
    The url was domain.com/forum/general-discussion

When I tried to change the name back to Main Forum in the Channels section in AdminCP, it remains as domain.com/forum/general-discussion

Likewise, same with Blog name. What we change in the AdminCP, the url did not change?

Rgds
  • Amaury
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Acerath
    Hi, I have 2 problems:

1) I would like to ask, how can I disable the tab for groups. This is a new site, though I have forum and blog post, I don't want to leave an empty tab for Group as there is nothing yet.

5) Where can we adjust the auto-logout timing for inactivity?
    These were the only two I could answer.
    1. What Group tab?
    2. Admin CP -> Settings -> Cookies & HTTP Header Options -> Session Timeout
    Former vBulletin user

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

1) Enable Site Builder. Click on Edit Navigation. Click on the X to delete the Group Tab.

2) This is a known issue at this time.

3) We're going to have Blog Categories in a future release.

4) Use the Blog Latest Comments module. Should be in the right column by default.

5) Settings -> Options -> Cookie and HTTP Header Options. Cookie Timeout value. Default is 900 seconds or 15 minutes.

6) Go to that page. Click Edit Page in the Site Builder Menu at the top of the screen. Save the Page. Adjust the URL as required.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Acerath
        • Aug 2005
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        1) Enable Site Builder. Click on Edit Navigation. Click on the X to delete the Group Tab.

4) Use the Blog Latest Comments module. Should be in the right column by default.

6) Go to that page. Click Edit Page in the Site Builder Menu at the top of the screen. Save the Page. Adjust the URL as required.
        For 4), I cannot find such module in the list of modules.

For 6) What I did was this. I was trying to create a "Terms of Use" page.

So I created domain.com/terms

Then I changed to domain.com/privacy for a reason.
        Then now when I tried to access domain.com/terms and create a new page, it keeps directing me to this:

domain.com/privacy?

The "page" system seemed to be very buggy. I wasted 2 hours trying to figure this out and I am not a programmer.
        There is no way to delete a page at all.

I went to the phpmyadmin, to delete away all traces of terms and privacy under "pages' "page template" and "routenew", but this thing keeps coming back and I am going nuts.
        Regretted should have installed vb4 and wait for the gold release. Now I am spending time figuring out how to do standard stuff rather than doing the content.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

4) It is a system module and should already be placed on the blog pages. If you want blog comments elsewhere, you would need to use a custom search modules.

6) Would have to test this on my own.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment