Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • start2008
    • Jun 2011
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] How to make "forum.php" is the main page of my site instead of "activity.php"

Is there any way to return the main page to "forum.php" instead of "activity.php"? So, when clicking on my site's url, it opens directly "forum.php"

Running Vb 4.2.0 PL2

Thanks
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

AdminCP -> Settings -> Navigation Manager. There you can select the site which opens by default when you open your site.
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• start2008
      • Jun 2011
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Hartmut
      AdminCP -> Settings -> Navigation Manager. There you can select the site which opens by default when you open your site.
      I followed what you said.. opened "Navigation Manager" and selected "forum" to set as default instead of "what's new"..
      The site still opens "activity stream" as the main page when I click url www.egyptianoasis.net

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

What happens when you look at AdminCP -> Settings -> Navigation Manager now? What site is set by default?

Comment

• start2008
          • Jun 2011
          • 4.2.X

forum is default

Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	3690568

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed now..

the main page url was referring to www.egyptianoasis.net/activity.php, I changed it to be www.egyptianoasis.net/forum.php

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Now on site performance test I got:

Resources with a "?" in the URL are not cached by some proxy caching servers. Remove the query string and encode the parameters into the URL for the following resources:
          The following cacheable resources have a short freshness lifetime. Specify an expiration at least one week in the future for the following resources:
          Why I'm getting these notices after changing my main page to forum.php??
          Last edited by start2008; Fri 19 Oct '12, 8:14am.

Comment

• Hartmut
            • Nov 2007
            • 4.2.x

Please open a new thread with this new problem.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
              • Sep 2008

For future reference in case anyone is browsing for a answer to the Activity/Search default display the info is here - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...nt-Posts-Again

Former vBulletin Support Staff
              Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
              Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• start2008
                • Jun 2011
                • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Hartmut
                Please open a new thread with this new problem.
                Thank you Hartmut..

I posted a new thread here

Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...