Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • betterthanyours
    • May 2012

vB4 to vB5 connect upgrade

If I bought a license that was transferred to me (which makes it ineligible for me to transfer on) and i purchased an upgrade. Will my license be ok to transfer in the future or not?
    http://www.unrealkillers.com | unrealtournament 1999 | siege | combogib | bunnytrack | instagib ctf
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

My understanding is that the license has already been transferred so you cannot transfer it again (upgrading doesn't change the license number). However are you EU based?

I'll try get some clarification on this...
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• betterthanyours
      • May 2012

I am EU based. The license was transferred to me from someone in Australia.

Upgrading a license should allow it to be transferred. Quiet a heft sum to pay to not yield any possible future return?
      http://www.unrealkillers.com | unrealtournament 1999 | siege | combogib | bunnytrack | instagib ctf

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Can you email sales {at} vbulletin.com so that we can look at the specifics for you
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• GasMan320
          • May 2006
          • 4.2.X

betterthanyours, can you update this thread with whatever sales tells you please. I'd also like to know the answer to your question.
          Location Import Error Fix For Facebook Connect Users

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by GasMan320
            betterthanyours, can you update this thread with whatever sales tells you please. I'd also like to know the answer to your question.
            Those domiciled in the EU can transfer their license after the one transfer limit. However there will be a fee assessed. The transfer limit on other locations is per license, not how many times you upgraded the license.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• betterthanyours
              • May 2012

Originally posted by GasMan320
              Will do.

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              Those domiciled in the EU can transfer their license after the one transfer limit. However there will be a fee assessed. The transfer limit on other locations is per license, not how many times you upgraded the license.
              Understood, but if someone has paid A) to buy the license from someone (such as my case) and then B) progressed further to purchase an "upgrade". In total, I would have paid about 400$. I live in the EU, does that mean I am restricted to sell it to overseas? Please be more clearer. Also, why will there be a fee assessed? Seems a bit unfair to me. I've emailed sales.

Code:
              Hello

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=times new roman]I am a current license holder and I had a specific question.[/FONT][/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#000000][FONT=times new roman]
              I  purchased my license from a third party who no longer had any use for  the vBulletin he purchased. I am aware that once a license is  transferred, it my not be eligible for transfer any longer (there's been  a lot of too'ing and frow'ing on this so not exactly up to date  anymore). Anyhow, my specific question is. I am considering upgrading my  license to vB5. Does this mean my license will be eligible for  transfer, should I ever feel that I do not require it anymore or does it  keep it's current "already transferred" state?[/FONT][/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#000000][FONT=times new roman]
              [/FONT][/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#000000][FONT=times new roman]I am hoping it is the former. Please advise.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Thanks
              Last edited by betterthanyours; Fri 12 Oct '12, 2:40pm.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

If anyone owns a license and lives in the EU that are allowed to sell it either inside or outside the EU no matter how many times it has been previously transferred, but there will be a $45 fee. Once it is transferred outside the EU for the first time no more transfers will be allowed.

The fee is charged because it takes a non-negligible amount of work to verify and complete a transfer.

Comment

• betterthanyours
                  • May 2012

I bought my license from outside the EU. Australia to be exact into the EU. What in this case?

Comment

• Ace
                    • Apr 2004
                    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by betterthanyours
                    I bought my license from outside the EU. Australia to be exact into the EU. What in this case?
                    Does that change where you live?

The law is based on where you are domiciled.
                    My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                    vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• betterthanyours
                      • May 2012

I live in the EU, the United Kingdom. I has my license transferred from previous owner who was Australian.

What would my license standing be?

Comment

• Ace
                        • Apr 2004
                        • 4.2.X

I live in the EU, the United Kingdom. I has my license transferred from previous owner who was Australian.

If you live in the EU, you can transfer the license. Within the EU, the new owner would also be able to transfer it if they want. If the new owner lies outside the EU, they are stuck with it.
                        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
                        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

It means you have a license. In the future if you want to transfer it, you can do so and a $45.00 fee will be assessed.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• betterthanyours
                            • May 2012

Ok understood.

However, if I as the current license holder will pay the upgrade fee $209, why should possible license purchaser (when or IF I no longer have a need for it) or myself have to pay another $49 to transfer it?

Why does everything you guys do involve money? Is there no common customer courtesy here? If I am paying over $200 for an "upgrade" that I do not want then why should I have to pay another $50 to transfer it?

You will lose a lot of customers with your money hogging policies. If a user has purchased a hefty priced "upgrade" that license should be treated as new and transferred. Who cares if the "number" is the same!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                              • Aug 2000

We are a for profit company and always have been. It takes time and money to transfer a license, that is why there is a fee now.

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment