X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

How to add an About Us tab using the Site Builder

One of the very powerful new features in vB5 is the ability to quickly add tabs to the Navigation Bar. These tabs when clicked by a user bring up a Page. This tutorial describes the process.

1) Turn on Site Builder
    2) Click the New Page button
    3) Drag the Static HTML module to the second box as shown below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	pic001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	3724713

4) Click the Save New Page button
    5) Enter the "Save the page name", "Save the page URL based on the page name" and "Template option" as shown below:

Name:	pic002.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	3724714

5) Click Navigation Bar button
    6) Click New Navigation Item link
    7) Enter the "Navigation Item Name" and "Target URL" as shown below:

Name:	pic003.jpg
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	3724715

8) Click the Save Changes button

That's all there is to it. Now you can use the Edit Page button and edit the module (click the pencil icon) to populate the About Us page.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's an example of what the About Us page looks like when done.

Name:	pic004.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	3724716
  • Merenguista
    • Jul 2010
    • 5.3.x

Thank you Andy

This tutorial is very useful !

Comment

• Jamesdoylephoto
      • Dec 2011
      • 4.1.x

Thanks Andy...it's something I might use as well.

Comment

• dustoff99
        • Mar 2010
        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Andy
        One of the very powerful new features in vB5 is the ability to quickly add tabs to the Navigation Bar. These tabs when clicked by a user bring up a Page. This tutorial describes the process. 1) Turn on Site Builder 2) Click the New Page button 3) Drag the Static HTML module to the second box as shown below: [ATTACH]62190[/ATTACH] 4) Click the Save New Page button 5) Enter the "Save the page name", "Save the page URL based on the page name" and "Template option" as shown below: [ATTACH]62191[/ATTACH] 5) Click Navigation Bar button 6) Click New Navigation Item link 7) Enter the "Navigation Item Name" and "Target URL" as shown below: [ATTACH]62192[/ATTACH] 8) Click the Save Changes button That's all there is to it. Now you can use the Edit Page button and edit the module (click the pencil icon) to populate the About Us page. - - - Updated - - - Here's an example of what the About Us page looks like when done. [ATTACH]62193[/ATTACH]
        I have tried Chrome and IE10 and I don't see the pictures. I can hover my mouse until I see the hand to view the pictures, but I just don't see them.

Comment