X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elite_360_
    • Sep 2012
    • 4.2.x

Site Builder not working

Site Builder not working it just keep loading when i turn it on it say (working.....) in a yellow box
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Move information please. Server Specs (php, mysql, apache)? Anything in the error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)? Are other pages not working?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Elite_360_
      • Sep 2012
      • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      Move information please. Server Specs (php, mysql, apache)? Anything in the error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host)? Are other pages not working?
      nothing in error log all other thing are working. site builder is not. mysql - 5.5.25 , , easy::apache - v3.14.11 , apache - 2.2.22 , php - 5.3.16

Comment

• pokesph
        • Apr 2003

same issue here.. it just sits there loading and loading.. with the yellow working... box. there are no errors noted, it just doesn't load fully or something.

highend linux system, running apache 2.2.21, PHP 5.3.9, MySQL Version 5.0.95-community
        Steve, Webmaster and Admin
        www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

• Merjawy
          • Sep 2002

What happens when you refresh the page and try again?
          To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
          My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
          CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
          Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Do you have suhosin installed? If so, disable it and then see if you still have the same problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Yves R.
              vBulletin QA
              • Nov 2003
              • 5.6.X

Originally posted by pokesph
              same issue here.. it just sits there loading and loading.. with the yellow working... box. there are no errors noted, it just doesn't load fully or something.

highend linux system, running apache 2.2.21, PHP 5.3.9, MySQL Version 5.0.95-community
              vB5 requires MySQL 5.1.5 minimum. Please ask your host to update MySQL.

vBulletin QA - vBulletin Support French - Lead Project Tools developer

Next release? Soon(tm)

Comment

• pokesph
                • Apr 2003

Ok we're going to move it to another server with the latest apache, php, and MySQL offered via cPanel.
                will let you know if that makes a difference.
                www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                  • Aug 2000

If you get the working notice for a long period of time (more than say 10-15 seconds), then view your network panel in the developer tools of your browser and let us know what file it is stuck on... If you're using Firefox with Firebug, then you need to have this tab open before hand and sometimes that prevents the error from triggering. Detaching Firebug is best in this case.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• pokesph
                    • Apr 2003

moving to the new server did it.. quite quick now too..
                    www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

• Kevin Ban
                      • Sep 2012

i'm getting this error log

"Timestamp: 9/23/2012 5:58:25 AM
                      Warning: Expected declaration but found '*'. Skipped to next declaration.
                      Source File: http://s.ytimg.com/yt/cssbin/www-embed-vfl7CoBKV.css
                      Line: 1"

and suhosin is not installed on my server

Comment

• Merjawy
                        • Sep 2002

Rrefresh the page, then try to activate Site Builder, notice the time. then check your logs... Sometimes server time isn't the same as yours... I had that happen to me before where my server was between 4 to 5 minutes ahead of my time and it was a pain to pin point issues.
                        To be or not to be... Where the hell is the question????
                        My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too

Live vBulletin 4.2.0 Multilingual * Alpha/Beta vB 4 - vB 5 Tier 1A
                        CentOS 6.2 - Apache:2.2.15(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.3 - MySQL:5.1.61
                        Xampp/Win-XP - Apache v2.2.21(Apache2Handler) - PHP:5.3.8 - MySQL:5.5.16

Comment

• Kevin Ban
                          • Sep 2012

Someone please help, i'm stuck, i have this problem and i don't know how i should continue...

_________________________________________________________________________________

""Warning: Unknown property '-moz-border-radius'. Declaration dropped."

This isn't anything to worry about, it's a CSS attribute that your browser doesn't recognise so doesn't display it

vB5 is still in Beta and is still be developed - there are some performance issues which are being addressed for a new build that will be coming shortly. If you continue to experience these, I'd recommend that you raise a Bug on the link below with full details of your server environment so that our Developers can look at tweaking it further:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa"

-update-
                          Last edited by Kevin Ban; Sun 23 Sep '12, 8:55am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Kevin Ban
                            Someone please help, i'm stuck, i have this problem and i don't know how i should continue...

_________________________________________________________________________________

This isn't anything to worry about, it's a CSS attribute that your browser doesn't recognise so doesn't display it

vB5 is still in Beta and is still be developed - there are some performance issues which are being addressed for a new build that will be coming shortly. If you continue to experience these, I'd recommend that you raise a Bug on the link below with full details of your server environment so that our Developers can look at tweaking it further:

-update-
                            Not sure how this is relevant to the original issue or how it is causing problems on your website. Please open your own thread on this issue. However your browser should simply ignore the value and move on. It isn't causing any harm to anything.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Kevin Ban
                              • Sep 2012

Initial problem

" Site Builder not working it just keep loading when i turn it on it say (working.....) in a yellow box "

-php, mysql, apache (all up to date)

-suhosin (not installed on my server)

Up to this point, i tried everything and nothing works.

vb support conclusion

what i did in the end

install vb4.2 and wait for the official release.

Comment