vBulletin 4.2 - How make subforums.. like 2 forums..

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typhome
    • Sep 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] vBulletin 4.2 - How make subforums.. like 2 forums..

Hello, i've brought license, but i want make 2 forums like:

>> Head
    - Community
    -- Feedback
    - Game
    -- News
    -- Another

And one forum (headforum) - like: board.domain.com
    There will be:
    - Community
    -- Feedback

and two forum (game forum) - like: game.domain.com
    There will be:
    - Game
    -- News
    -- Another

I saw that one board had this feature and they said that they have only one license, so i want know how do make it.
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

You can only run one life site with one license.

You could indeed use a subdomain and then re-direkt into your life site to the specific place you want to be, maybe that is an option?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• Typhome
      • Sep 2012
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Hartmut
      You can only run one life site with one license.

You could indeed use a subdomain and then re-direkt into your life site to the specific place you want to be, maybe that is an option?
      Originally posted by Typhome
      Like http://vahvel.net is headforum and this has another forum (with subdomain) that is League of Legend forum (made subforums by headforum) - http://lol.vahvel.net

I want make same like that vahvel.net has, but i dont know how do it...
      Originally posted by GameOverViper
      You create a subdomain with your domain host. Make it redirect to the "forum" URL you want it to direct to.

Go into your Forum Manager, click on the forum/category you want to link to. Go to the setting and make it Hidden, but usable if url is known.

Make a new forum in the forum manager under whatever category you want it to show, and make it a link instead of a forum. The third option when creating or editing a forum in the manager is a slot for a Link.
      Hmm, can anyone explain more about this (that how do make, what link/IP should redirect, etc)?

Do i need use DNS Zone editor in CPanel or need install another new forum in subdomain?

--------------- Added 16 Sep 2012 at 11:51 ---------------

I've talked with vahvel.net administrator and he said that is using an plugin. But he doesn't remember this plugin name and he doesn't have time to look into.

So anyone know what's the plugin name?

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

Nevertheless: One license -> one life site

You should follow the posts at vbulletin.org then.
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...