X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Hall of Famer
    Yeah, the new ACP looks amazing. I dont quite understand why VB wont showcase their new ACP and instead revealed the worst aspect of their new product to customers(slow loading and buggy forum front page). You always try to make a good first impression, thats what business is supposed to be.
    Like in previous versions of vBulletin, the AdminCP has privileged access to a lot of things. The demo mode we had functional in vB3/4 for our own uses isn't fleshed out, its not a high usage feature as you can imagine.

Comment

• craigvm
      • Aug 2012
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Hall of Famer
      Yeah, the new ACP looks amazing. I dont quite understand why VB wont showcase their new ACP and instead revealed the worst aspect of their new product to customers(slow loading and buggy forum front page). You always try to make a good first impression, thats what business is supposed to be.
      if there not giving a admin demo that says to me that its even worse than what is on the demo as if it was good they would be showing it off i certainly would`nt buy something like this without seeing the admin side of it
      www.fordmodified.co.uk
      the home for modified fords

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by craigvm
        if there not giving a admin demo that says to me that its even worse than what is on the demo as if it was good they would be showing it off i certainly would`nt buy something like this without seeing the admin side of it
        Like all previous versions of vBulletin, the AdminCP has some serious power, and anyone who you cannot trust with a gun to your head, should not be given access to the AdminCP. There are lots of things you can do as an admin with admin access that you wouldn't want someone to do.

This is true of any version of vbulletin from vb1 to vb5.

Us not giving out admin demo access is because our demo mode system was not seen as a high priority, it has increased security and locks demo users out of some features which could be abused by random third parties. This demo mode has been used since we've had a vBulletin 3 admin demo.

I can say this with some truth, you're wrong on this subject.

Comment

• craigvm
          • Aug 2012
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
          Like all previous versions of vBulletin, the AdminCP has some serious power, and anyone who you cannot trust with a gun to your head, should not be given access to the AdminCP. There are lots of things you can do as an admin with admin access that you wouldn't want someone to do.

Us not giving out admin demo access is because our demo mode system was not seen as a high priority, it has increased security and locks demo users out of some features which could be abused by random third parties. This demo mode has been used since we've had a vBulletin 3 admin demo.

how is that when i used the admin demo on vb4 before i moved to vb as i would`nt of chose vb if i could`nt see what i was getting
          www.fordmodified.co.uk

Comment

• Sador
            • Mar 2009
            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery

While it's probably not worth the time and resources at this point, wouldn't a full fledged simulator of the admin panel be interesting? You could go through all the pages, view all the options, see how it responds... but without the downsides of actually granting people access to the admin CP...
            When the meteor came crashing to Earth, I bet the dinosaurs were roaring at it in the hope of scaring it away. That didn’t work out so well for them. - Matt.

Comment

• craigvm
              • Aug 2012
              • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Sador
              While it's probably not worth the time and resources at this point, wouldn't a full fledged simulator of the admin panel be interesting? You could go through all the pages, view all the options, see how it responds... but without the downsides of actually granting people access to the admin CP...
              yes like how it was on the vb4 admin demo and it would be interesting to see what its like

- - - Updated - - -

i still think vb4 should be finished before even thinking about vb5 though
              www.fordmodified.co.uk

Comment

• 14DH01
                • Sep 2010
                • 4.2.x

Test in live
                here the picture

Sources
                Last edited by 14DH01; Fri 14 Sep '12, 6:11am.
                my forum Support bug reports please

Comment

• oldz442
                  • Apr 2012

en Fransays
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• 14DH01
                    • Sep 2010
                    • 4.2.x

there must be also the language "Anglais" ,are not I tested myself.
                    my forum Support bug reports please

Comment

• cloferba
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by 14DH01
                      Test in live
                      here the picture

Sources
                      Thanks! and which is the big change that everybody is talking about? It seems only a style change...
                      vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
                      Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

Not a lot of change in the AdminCP at this time... Style Change and a new Search.

The Site Builder is the new big administration tool that lets you build pages, create styles and so forth. It is located within the front-end of the site and accessible to Administrators with the proper permissions. You can use it to build custom pages, place widgets, configure advertising, change the layout of all your forums, some of them or make each one unique. You can quickly add new forums to the mix, delete blogs from users, delete social groups and more.

I added a blog about it earlier. It is linked in my signature.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Super Cat
                          • Jan 2005
                          • 4.2.X

Hey Wayne with the changing of layouts are we still using grids or can you adjust the layout without creating or adding a grid. Also is there a limit on modules you will be able to add.

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Super Cat
                            Hey Wayne with the changing of layouts are we still using grids or can you adjust the layout without creating or adding a grid. Also is there a limit on modules you will be able to add.
                            Grids of sorts.
                            No limit on the modules that can be added to a page.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...