X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • immediate
    • Oct 2009
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Paid membership from "Awaiting Moderation" to "Registered User"

I enabled user moderation for my forum so new users will be automatically in the "Awaiting Moderation" group. Unless I approve their memberships, they will be able to post content, etc.

Now I add a Paid Subscription profile as "Silver Membership" that would transform the user account into the "Registered User" group.

But what is the link the user should follow to make the payment via PayPal and then automatically the system moves it from "Awaiting Moderation" group to the "Registered User" group?

I can't find the link of payment to put in this paragraph:

Thank you for registering, SambaTest. Your account has been submitted for moderation by an administrator and will be activated shortly. You will be notified by email when this happens. To return to the forums, click here.
    Any idea how I can achieve what I want?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Just found out that the user should first be a "Registered User". But that would then enable him to have the privileges of posting content to the forum.

Basically what I want is the user must pay a basic membership fee to have the normal privileges of a Registered User. What's the recommended / supposed way to do this via Paid Subscription?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    Every time I think of a potential way to delight people, I make a website. Otherwise I'm looking for the web hosting deals.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Have the Registered User usergroup set to not allow access to the forums or not have posting rights, however you wish non-premium members to be. Then create a new usergroup that has that access and set the Paid Subscription to move them to the new group.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• immediate
      • Oct 2009
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
      Have the Registered User usergroup set to not allow access to the forums or not have posting rights, however you wish non-premium members to be. Then create a new usergroup that has that access and set the Paid Subscription to move them to the new group.
      Thanks a lot! Now that I've done that, I can't find the subscription form. Where is the subscription form (the "Available Subscription" form like this: http://files.vbulletin.com/doc_image...ample5_350.png ) Registered Users can use to subscribe to the Silver Membership?

Neither Settings page nor Edit Profile page have it.

Thank you!
      Last edited by immediate; Mon 10 Sep '12, 6:01pm.
      Every time I think of a potential way to delight people, I make a website. Otherwise I'm looking for the web hosting deals.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

payments.php - also accessible from a link in your settings page
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• immediate
          • Oct 2009
          • 4.2.X

payments.php - also accessible from a link in your settings page
          Thank you Trevor for the help.

However, it says "Kavoir Backyard Webmaster Forum does not have any paid subscriptions available to which you can subscribe." on the payments.php page and there were no subscription link on the settings page neither. But I've already created the "Paid Subscription" profile as shown in the attached images.

Click image for larger version

Name:	silver2.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	3690260

Click image for larger version

Name:	silver.png
Views:	1
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	3690259

Can you please let me know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!
          Last edited by immediate; Tue 11 Sep '12, 3:39am.

Comment

• immediate
            • Oct 2009
            • 4.2.X

Can anyone please help me? I have already created the subscription profile but it doesn't seem to appear anywhere on my forum....

Comment