X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drdoc
    • Nov 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] VB Poll options appear different for Guest users & Registered users

I have created a poll with anchor text in my vb forum with options more than 10. Everything is fine except poll options(few) appear in 2 lines for GUEST USER but appears in 1 line for registered member.

If i see poll as a GUEST then few options in my poll are displaying in 2 lines. So some options look in 1 line and few options looks in 2 lines. So total outlook becomes unorganized. Even the options which appear in 2 lines are maximum up to 35 characters only.

If i see poll as a REGISTERED USER (after login) then all poll options are aligned in 1 line which looks very good for viewers.

How to solve this problem. Why for GUEST users, few poll options appear in 2 lines and why not for registered users. I want poll options to appear in 1 line only for everyone . please guide me.Thanks in advance
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Please post a link to a thread where this is happening so we can see.

Comment

• drdoc
      • Nov 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
      Please post a link to a thread where this is happening so we can see.
      I will PM you as i don't want to disclose my website here. Shall i PM you? Thank u

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

If you must.. then it will need to wait until I get a chance to look. If everyone could see it may get a faster answer.

Comment

• drdoc
          • Nov 2011
          • 4.1.x

If you must.. then it will need to wait until I get a chance to look. If everyone could see it may get a faster answer.
          It don't want to see everyone . I will PM you with your permission. ok?
          Last edited by drdoc; Thu 6 Sep '12, 6:24am.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

Yes.

Comment

• drdoc
              • Nov 2011
              • 4.1.x

Thank you JOE. Check your PM.

- - - Updated - - -

If a REGISTERED USER see poll thread then options are aligned in 1 line BUT Even when a REGISTERED USER click VIEW POLL RESULTS tab then poll options are aligned in 2 lines

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

The issue was simply the text you was entering was too wide the the available space- once votes were cast you can see how much room the bars/lines usually take up.

Please add this to your additional.css template- it should make your columns for text a little wider and the width of your bars a little shorter:

Code:
                #pollresults li .votes {
                width:60% !important;
                }

#pollresults li p {
                width:40% !important;
                }
                You can delete the vote I made in the poll and my account if it is no longer needed.

Comment

• drdoc
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 4.1.x

yea thank you. I will try that template or else will make poll text options little shorter.

I will update as soon as i do that. Thanks a lot

- - - Updated - - -

The issue was simply the text you was entering was too wide the the available space- once votes were cast you can see how much room the bars/lines usually take up.

Please add this to your additional.css template- it should make your columns for text a little wider and the width of your bars a little shorter:

Code:
                  #pollresults li .votes {
                  width:60% !important;
                  }

#pollresults li p {
                  width:40% !important;
                  }
                  You can delete the vote I made in the poll and my account if it is no longer needed.
                  wow..Great, it worked...your code made this..Now everything is fine..thanks a lot sir

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...