X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EliasAlucard
    • Nov 2009

[Answered] Quick links just disappeared

It disappeared in these two skins:

But using this skin, it's there, although broken, since VSa Advanced New Posts isn't working:

I'm not sure how it happened. I've tried disabling all plugins but it didn't resolve it.
    “Human beings are animals: very unusual animals, to be sure, but nevertheless animals. In origin, we are not fallen angels, but apes arisen.” — Michael H. Hart
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Have you tried reverting the navbar template?

Comment

• EliasAlucard
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Zachery
      Have you tried reverting the navbar template?
      I tried that just now, it didn't work.
      “Human beings are animals: very unusual animals, to be sure, but nevertheless animals. In origin, we are not fallen angels, but apes arisen.” — Michael H. Hart

Comment

• Amaury
        • Mar 2012
        • 4.2.X

Create a new style with no parent. Is the issue still present?
        Former vBulletin user

Comment

• EliasAlucard
          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Amaury25
          Create a new style with no parent.
          Ok, tried that.

Originally posted by Amaury25
          Is the issue still present?
          Yeah.

Comment

• EliasAlucard
            • Nov 2009

So Zachery, what should I do?

Comment

• Lynne
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Oct 2004

Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
              Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
              define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• EliasAlucard
                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Lynne
                Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
                Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
                define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
                Already tried that. It's not plugins that's causing this, because the quick links work with some skins. Could you give me the default code for the quick links? That way, I can manually search for quick links in the navbar or wherever it's placed, and replace the broken code.

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

The default code for Quick Links is in the style you created from post 4.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

• EliasAlucard
                    • Nov 2009

The default code for Quick Links is in the style you created from post 4.
                    Post 4?

Comment

• Dustin L.
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 4.2.X

Top right of each post is a number, right across from the post-date. That's what Lynne is referring to.

Dustin
                      http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
                      http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

• Lynne
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by EliasAlucard
                        Post 4?
                        In post 4 here - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2320752 - you were asked to create a default style and see if the problem still exists. In the next post, post 5, you said you did this. Since the new default style you just created is totally default, then all the templates are the default templates.

Comment

• EliasAlucard
                          • Nov 2009

In post 4 here - https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2320752 - you were asked to create a default style and see if the problem still exists. In the next post, post 5, you said you did this. Since the new default style you just created is totally default, then all the templates are the default templates.
                          As I said, the problem still exists. In fact, when I create new skins, they don't even install the quick links. Also, for whatever reason, the forum section icons aren't working any longer. I haven't changed anything here. It's all buggy ever since I upgraded from vB3.8 a few days ago.

I'm not sure but it's possible that the quick links disappeared after I changed the forum.php to index.php (I don't understand why the vBulletin team changed this? I much prefer index.php rather than forum.php) in the Navigation Manager.

In any case, I could easily solve the quick links issue if you give me the standard default code for the navbar.

Comment

• TheLastSuperman
                            • Sep 2008

The default code for the navbar is within a brand new default style, if you have deleted the default style you made to check this issue with then simply re-create it and copy all code from the navbar templates into your custom styles exact same templates and save.

Index.php is default, it routes you to the correct location so if you have changed it I suggest changing it back until you understand how this all works, it's different in 4.x versus 3.x and you need to be aware of the in's and out's before making changes respectively .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                            Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                            Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

• EliasAlucard
                              • Nov 2009

Never mind, I realised what the problem is now. I created a new index in Navigation Manager, and I used that one instead. So that's why quick links disappeared. This problem is now resolved.

Still, however, images aren't working. I'll start a new thread about that if I can't find it on Google.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...