X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mirthmaiden
    • Mar 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Email notifications not being sent

I am running vb 4.1.2, have been for over a year with no problem at all. A couple months ago my host service had a major server outage during which they had to transfer all of my files to a new server. Ever since then I haven't been receiving any email notifications, nor have the members of my forum. Prior to that, there were a few members who had trouble here and there with not getting their notifications, but since I was getting them, I assumed it had to be something with their individual settings. Aside from that, there haven't been any problems associated with moving to the new server.

I've gone back to check and recheck that all the settings are correct in my own settings as well as forum-wide. Everything looks correct and I made no changes to anything myself.

What could the problem be and how can I fix it? Please explain in simple terms as I'm not especially savvy.
    Last edited by mirthmaiden; Wed 1 Aug '12, 1:37pm.
  • John Lester
    • Jul 2000
    • 4.1.x

Ask your host to check their end. They might not have properly turned on your outgoing emails when you moved.
    BrainTalk is a support group for friends, family, caregivers, and patients with neurological disorders and other health related diagnosis.

BrainTalk Communities Inc
    sigpic

Comment

• cloferba
      • Apr 2009
      • 3.8.x

What´s your site url? Let me check if it´s working
      vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
      Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
        • May 2002
        • 1.1.x

Is it just notifications or is it all mail originating from your forum?

Comment

• Mr bEn
          • Oct 2007
          • 3.6.x

I too am encountering the exact same issue as the original poster, not receiving any mail at all originating from my forum, and this issue has only commenced in the last two weeks. Help anyone?

forum.brisbanebasketball.com

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
            • May 2002
            • 1.1.x

Run the email diagnostic (Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics). If vBulletin reports no problems but you still don't receive an email from it, then it is a server configuration problem.

Comment

• cloferba
              • Apr 2009
              • 3.8.x

Are you sure that emails are not going to the Spam folder?
              vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
              Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

• Mr bEn
                • Oct 2007
                • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Matthew Gordon
                Run the email diagnostic (Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics). If vBulletin reports no problems but you still don't receive an email from it, then it is a server configuration problem.
                Yep, didn't receive the email after running the diagnostic.

What do I look at re server config?

(definitely not a 'check your spam folder' issue)

update: it's only myself not receiving emails now, news users are now receiving their emails upon rego etc. I'm using gmail fwiw.
                Last edited by Mr bEn; Wed 15 Aug '12, 10:58pm.

Comment

• MM Debbie
                  • Jan 2012
                  • 5.0.X

Our forum was moved and now NONE of our moderators receive email notifications. Everyone is ready to jump off a cliff. I did the test you recommended in the maintenance section of the admin CP and I did receive an email from Vbulletin. We have just upgraded to v4.2 in the hopes that we would begin receiving the email notifications. No such luck. There are four admin/moderators that need to receive a notice of every post/thread. Can you help?

http://www.minutesmatterstudio.com/forum/content.php

Below is the text from the email.

"You are receiving this email because your email address was entered as an email test at The Lounge ~ Minutes Matter's Forum.

The first step of this email test script has been completed. However, a formatting test is still necessary:

A paragraph break.
                  A single line break.

Another paragraph break.
                  Another single line break.
                  Another single line break.

If the above lines look correct, you are finished. The email features on your server are setup correctly.
                  If this email is run together on one line, there is possibly a configuration error with your mail server. Please ensure it is configured correctly.
                  "

UPDATE: We have also set the email preferences in Moderator Manager to receive an email for every post/thread. We also tried setting this setting to No and resetting to Yes. No luck.
                  Could there be a conflict in email notification setting? Maybe we have too many set to yes?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by MM Debbie; Wed 19 Sep '12, 1:28pm.
                  Debbie Green

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Aug 2002
                    • 5.7.X

Sounds like you may be queuing emails - make sure this is turned off in:

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Email Options

...then try again.
                    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• MM Debbie
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 5.0.X

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your reply. Are you referring to the "Use Mailqueue System" setting? It was set to Yes, I set it to "No" and did a test post and still didn't receive a notification.
                      Debbie Green

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

Please fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
                        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...