• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Simon Bloomer
    • Jun 2012
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Attachment Issues after phpBB3 migration

Hi all

I am busy practising the phpBB/vBulletin migration and checking for issues as they come along on my relatively large and active forum.

One of the issues I have come up with is regarding the attachments and the thumbnails is the inconsistency of the thumbnailing and some other weird stuff. We have many places where the thumbnailing has worked fine but you can see below there are some which are not.

Issue 1: No thumbnails, but links to image in the attachment list. Quite common.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	3723924

Issue 2: Links to images in post, thumbnails visible, but the thumbnails have been duplicated. Probably the most common problem

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	3723925

Issue 3: Links to images in post, but no thumbnails to be seen.

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	3723926

My forum has thousands of image attachments and there's no ways I can possibly go live if this is the mess I am left with. Any tips, ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

And it gets worse

Note this screenshot has the attachments repeated 4 times, and has parsed some of the code as smileys.

Name:	Capture.JPG
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	3723930
    Last edited by Simon Bloomer; Tue 26 Jun '12, 4:16am.
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

Hi Simon,

I sent you a Private Message yesterday. To retrieve a Private Message look at the top right portion of your screen. You should see a link called Notifications. Follow that link to read the Private Message I sent you.

Comment