Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Syxguns
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] Tabs are not changing - Big problem!

Okay this may be a little hard to explain so I'm going to place a picture here for you to see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tab_issue.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	3723425

Standard tab buttons work correctly however, if I select my integrated store, "P4M Store", the forum tab stays highlighted and the words on the bottom overlap. You can see this where "view Cart" is in white, but the standard forum sub tabs are there. I'm hoping someone can help me fix this issue. I like vB 4.2.0 but it has given me major headaches since I installed it. The added mods are not worth the hassle of all the repair work that I've had to do to my forum.

Suggestions would be great, or is the best suggestion for me to restore 4.1.12? This is some kind of flaw, but I don't know if it is with vB or what. Many thanks if you can help me out.
  • Matthew Gordon
    • May 2002
    • 1.1.x

It's a little hard to figure out what is actually wrong with just a picture, mind posting a link to the page that is having the issue?

How are you adding the tab? Plugins, template, or the Navigation Manager?

Comment

• flymilk
      • Jan 2011
      • 4.1.x

same problem. after update to VB4.2
      www.3oem.com

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
        • May 2002
        • 1.1.x

Originally posted by flymilk
        same problem. after update to VB4.2
        That's not even remotely the same problem. See this post and this post to solve your issue.

Comment

• Syxguns
          • Aug 2011
          • 4.2.X

Hi Mathew, thanks for the response. The tab is added through template and I have no control over it through the navigation manager. To see what is happening you may go to http://www.place4musicians.com username: test password test1234 Test is a regular member, so after logging in just select either the P4M Store tab or the Live Feed tab to see that they do not become the primary tab in focus, however, their content shows on the main page.

I can remove the text links under the tabs, but I don't want to do that if I don't have to. My primary goal is to give the tab in use focus and not always have the Forums tab shown as the selected tab (Grey in color).
          Last edited by Syxguns; Mon 28 May '12, 7:20pm.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
            • May 2002
            • 1.1.x

Best way would be to remove it from the templates and use the Navigation Manager to add the tab and its links. The big thing that has to be set correctly is the Tab Script(s) setting on the tab. It's hard to say what this needs to be set to without looking at the code that selects the tab in the first place, though.

Comment

• Syxguns
              • Aug 2011
              • 4.2.X

I understand what you are saying about removing the tabs from the template, once I figure that part out!! However, Live Feed is a mod from DBTech (Dragonbyte) that does the same thing. Originally in vB 4.1.12 I did not have to add the button in the Navigation Manager. In fact I don't think that vB 4.1.12 had a Navigation Manager. I used NavTabs (Pro) which no longer functions in vB 4.2.20 until they have an update for the product. However, the Live Feed did work in both 4.1.12 and it kind of works in 4.2.0, but I had to add the button in the navigation manager.

Regardless of how I look at it, it seems that there may be a problem with the Navigation Manager. Why is it not giving focus to the tab that was called?

Edit: Okay, scratch that last comment. I just didn't set it up the correct way the first time! I'll see if I can find those template edits. Thank you!
              Last edited by Syxguns; Mon 28 May '12, 8:20pm.

Comment

• flymilk
                • Jan 2011
                • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Matthew Gordon
                That's not even remotely the same problem. See this post and this post to solve your issue.
                Thank you very much.
                www.3oem.com

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                  • May 2002
                  • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Syxguns
                  Regardless of how I look at it, it seems that there may be a problem with the Navigation Manager. Why is it not giving focus to the tab that was called?
                  It's just third-party code that hasn't been updated for 4.2.0. The navigation manager is new, so old code won't work 100% for it. I can't really tell you more without seeing the code that is being used.

Comment

• Syxguns
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Matthew Gordon
                    It's just third-party code that hasn't been updated for 4.2.0. The navigation manager is new, so old code won't work 100% for it. I can't really tell you more without seeing the code that is being used.
                    Thanks Matthew, I got in touch with the developers last night and found out that the tabs are not manually added but called on by template hooks. You are correct in the fact that it is the code that is not working 100% and not really much I can do about it without the developers making some changes to the shopping cart code.

I guess the changes in vB probably messed up a lot of modifications!

Comment