X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gerry Van Zandt
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] vB 4.2.0 Error when trying to reply to posts

I am getting the following error when trying to reply to posts using the Quick Reply box or trying to go to the full editor:

Fatal error: Call to a member function clean_gpc() on a non-object in /homepages/0/d315437492/htdocs/forums/includes/class_wysiwygparser.php(231) : eval()'d code on line 14

Any thoughts on what is causing this?

Screen shot is attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-05-22 at 10.13.11 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	3723364
  • Matthew Gordon
    • May 2002
    • 1.1.x

This is being caused by a plugin. Look for a plugin using the hook wysiwyg_parse_start and disable the product it is associated with and see if it fixes it.
    Last edited by Matthew Gordon; Tue 22 May '12, 8:10pm. Reason: Removed superflous period.

Comment

• Gerry Van Zandt
      • Aug 2011
      • 4.1.x

Thanks for the pointer -- some detective work shows this error is from VaultWiki.

Guess I'll have to disable it and let them know there's an issue. Will report back as to whether it solves the problem or not.

Cheers,
      Gerry

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, disabling the VaultWiki plugin solved the problem, and is allowing posting again. I will notify them that they have a conflict issue with vB 4.2.

Thanks for the pointer and extremely rapid response -- allowed me to get my board back up with a minimum of downtime!

Cheers,
      Gerry

- - - Updated - - -

One last update for any VaultWiki users out there who have already upgraded to vB 4.2: the VaultWiki folks actually DID release a new version of the VW software today, which is designed to run with vB 4.2. it is available from their web site as a free download/upgrade.
      Some quick testing on my site after the install shows that all is well (again).

Thanks again for your help in getting me pointed in the right direction, Matthew !

Comment

• Amaury
        • Mar 2012
        • 4.2.X

Thanks for the update.

I have temporarily disabled the VaultWiki mod on our forum so we don't experience any problems with it tomorrow when our owner upgrades us before we can update it to the 4.2.0 version.
        Former vBulletin user

Comment