Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jamesdoylephoto
    • Dec 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Restoring a single Deleted Thread?

Hi,
    Probably a really simple procedure but how do you restore a single thread that was deleted by mistake? I have a backup of the sql database but not sure how to just restore a single entry rather than the whole database.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
  • Andy
    • Jan 2002
    • 4.1.x

This has been asked many times over the years. There's no easy way of doing this and the answer is always restore the entire database from your latest backup if you want that thread back.

Comment

• AusPhotography
      • Nov 2007

1. restore into a temporary area
      2. extract the threads, posts, attachment data (and poll data?) you need into a SQL file
      3. reload the data
      4. run the admincp tools to rebuild various counters etc
      5. hope you got it right

Kym
      environment: Centos 6.9, Apache v2.4.25, PHP 5.6.30/xCache, MariaDB 10.22 -- vB5 Connect Licensed

AusPhotography - Australia's Premier Photographic Forum vB4.2.3
      Rick (site owner) and Kym (site tech) sharing this account

Comment

• Jamesdoylephoto
        • Dec 2011
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Andy
        This has been asked many times over the years. There's no easy way of doing this and the answer is always restore the entire database from your latest backup if you want that thread back.
        Thanks Andy...as I'm new to VB I wasn't sure if the auto save feature could have saved my bacon.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by ricktas
        1. restore into a temporary area
        2. extract the threads, posts, attachment data (and poll data?) you need into a SQL file
        3. reload the data
        4. run the admincp tools to rebuild various counters etc
        5. hope you got it right

Kym
        Thanks Kym.

I was just trying something simular eg taking the data for the thread out of the backup SQL file and reentering it into the working file...(not sure if that makes any sense)

I have the thread id and other info, just not sure how to get VB to see it again.

Any help would be great

James

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...