• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pulserTI
    • Dec 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Editor Issues

Hi,

The advanced editor seems to love screwing up post formatting.

When editing posts that have formatting such as bullet points and line breaks, the formatting is totally undone by the new editor. This is quite frustrating, especially when for things such as guides.

Any posts with custom formatting, after being opened in the advanced editor, seem to be reversed to just a block of plain text.

This has been a fairly long-standing problem, and did not occur after a recent update.

Any help is appreciated!

-Pulser
  • pulserTI
    • Dec 2011
    • 4.1.x

Anyone know anything about this?

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

What version are you running? There was a bug that if you went into Go Advanced you would lose formatting, but I think that was fixed in 4.1.12.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• pulserTI
        • Dec 2011
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Lynne
        What version are you running? There was a bug that if you went into Go Advanced you would lose formatting, but I think that was fixed in 4.1.12.
        Thanks for the reply Lynne, we're still running 4.1.11.

If this has been fixed in 4.1.12, we'll be sure to update quickly.

Cheers

Comment

• doubleclick
          • Jun 2004

When someone creates a post, regardless of usergroup, bullet points created in the editing window show in edit mode, but are not shown after submitting it.

Unlike the other posts in this thread, this isn't changing from one editor to another, it is just posting a one using the advanced.

Also, a � appears sometimes but not always where a space should be.

I tried to edit a post just now, to use returns instead of bullet points, and was surprised to find that the returns are not recognized either.

This is the same when viewing with the current versions of Firefox and IE9. Don't know about others.

Using vb 4.2

What is causing this, and where can I fix it?

Thanks
          Last edited by doubleclick; Tue 11 Sep '12, 7:48am.

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

Please start your own thread with your own issue. Thank you.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• doubleclick
              • Jun 2004

I did, then in an effort to post in the appropriate area, forwarded my question here.

Apparently my idea of what is a related issue doesn't match yours.

To complete the circle, here is the link to my original post.

If you have moderator abilities, please put my post where you think it should go.

All I want is an answer to my problem.

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

We ask customers to start their own threads as to make trouble shooting easier, there are a host of reasons as to why.

Comment

• doubleclick
                  • Jun 2004

Thanks for letting me know, Zachery.

Some forums complain about starting new threads when one already exists about the same or similar issue for the same ease of troubleshooting reason. It's a judgement call by each forum owner, and I didn't understand yours. Wasn't trying cause confusion, just misunderstood your preferences.

I'll know better next time, and start a new thread with each issue.

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...