Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • majickal
    • May 2011
    • 4.1.x

[CMS] Missing the ability to insert video files in the editor & install error message

Hi There,

I have 2 installs of vb setup, one with a custom skin I have designed and another brand new, untouched, clean install for comparison testing.

Neither of them allow me to embed a video link into a post in the CMS or Forum post editor. The insert video icon is simply not there.

I have attached screen shots of both installs with the editor shown.

Interestingly, the video icons appears only in the blog editor on both installs. The video does not show in the blog post preview for some reason, only once the post has been made.

Any help on this matter would be really great as this has been driving me nuts for hours!

Also, I attached a screen shot of an error message I just received when I downloaded the latest release and installed it as the plain install I referred to above. Seemed a bit strange....

Thanks

majickal
    Attached Files
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

From the Notification on the front of your Admincp:

As of 4.1.10, the permission to use the [IMG] bbcode and the [VIDEO] bbcode has been split into separate permissions. The maximum images/videos allowed per post has also been split. You will now find that videos are limited to one per post. You may update the setting in the following areas (ignore the blog if you do not have it installed):
    • Settings -> Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options -> Maximum Videos Per Post
    • Settings -> Options -> vBulletin Blog: General Options -> Maximum Videos Per Comment
    • Settings -> Options -> vBulletin Blog: General Options -> Maximum Videos Per Blog Description
    • Settings -> Options -> vBulletin Blog: General Options -> Maximum Videos Per Custom Block
    • Settings -> Options -> vBulletin Blog: General Options -> Maximum Videos Per Custom Page
    • Settings -> Options -> vBulletin Blog: Entry Options -> Maximum Videos Per Entry
    • Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Signature Permissions -> Maximum Number of Videos in Signature

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• majickal
      • May 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Lynne
      From the Notification on the front of your Admincp:
      Thanks for the reply Lynne,

Settings -> Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options -> Maximum Videos Per Post
      This is currently set to 1 and no video icon appeared.

I then changed it to 0 to disable that function and no video icon appeared.

Not quite sure what I am doing wrong.

I have checked the settings for both the customised install and fresh install of vb and am getting the exact same result in both instances, no video icon in either the forum post editor or new article editor.

The blog editor seems to be fine though .

Any ideas as to how I should proceed?

If you need any additional screenshots please let me know.

Also should I be concerned about the installation error message?

Cheers

majickal

edit: I also tried changing the maximum videos per post to other values (10 & 8) and had the same result, no video icon.
      Last edited by majickal; Sun 8 Apr '12, 3:44pm. Reason: update

Comment

• majickal
        • May 2011
        • 4.1.x

Further updates

Hi again,

Still cannot figure the video link out, I have added two additional screen shots, one from the admin panel and the second from the general settings panel.

Not really sure why this is happening as I have not played around with the stylevars for the editor and the same issue is occurring in both a clean untouched install and my actual site.

Any ideas at this stage would be fantastic, so if you have some things I can try out, please let me know.

Perhaps there is something fundamental I am missing?

Cheers

m
        Attached Files

Comment

• majickal
          • May 2011
          • 4.1.x

Another quick update, I have the video button appearing in my signature editor.

Comment

• Maurd
            • Jun 2011
            • 4.1.x

Make sure that the [VIDEO] code is enabled on the per-forum level.

Admin CP >> Forums & Moderators >> Forum Manager >> (choose forum) >> Edit Forum >> Enable / Disable Features >> Allow [VIDEO] Code

Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-04-09-015516_1024x600_scrot.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	3687003

Each forum that you wish to use [VIDEO] in must have that set.
            - Maurice Workin' in the Jira mine, goin' down, down, down

Comment

• majickal
              • May 2011
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Maurd
              Make sure that the [VIDEO] code is enabled on the per-forum level.

Admin CP >> Forums & Moderators >> Forum Manager >> (choose forum) >> Edit Forum >> Enable / Disable Features >> Allow [VIDEO] Code

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58783[/ATTACH]

Each forum that you wish to use [VIDEO] in must have that set.
              Hi Maurd,

Thankyou so much for your assistance, that was exactly the problem. As a new and first time vb user some of the most obvious things are not..well..obvious.

I really appreciate you helping me and pointing out where this problem was occurring.

Best Regards

majickal

Comment

• Maurd
                • Jun 2011
                • 4.1.x

Cool. Glad to help!
                - Maurice Workin' in the Jira mine, goin' down, down, down

Comment

• Sheeko
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 4.1.x

Video in CMS Articles

Hi!

Is there a way to allow that in the cms articles as well?

Comment