X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeverBored
    • May 2008
    • 3.8.x

Google traffic redirecting to url2short.info

After some frustrating issues, I discovered my google traffic has been hijacked and redirects to some url2short.info page. I see this is a huge common problem, but I'm not exactly clear on where it's coming from based on things I've read so far. I've seen at some time it seemed to be a problem for VBSEO users, however I've never used VBSEO. I am on an out of date 3.8 version (3.8.0 to be exact), and in the process of upgrading. Should that cover this issue? I know there have been various security updates since my last update, and I should have been keeping up to date. But, I did not. Basically I'm trying to find out if this is a known and fixed exploit in vbulletin itself, or do I need to keep digging into the issue when I'm finished getting my install up to date?
  • Loco.M
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.5.x

same thing described here, just a different URL

The fix is also posted in the TAZ link..
    -- Web Developer for hire
    ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• NeverBored
      • May 2008
      • 3.8.x

Thanks... I did the procedure listed there. I did find a remote mysql host (192.168.1.%) though I'm not sure if that's malicious or not based on a quick search. I deleted it nonetheless.

I read a lot on this today, but am still unclear if the risk is still there for this to happen again even when I get updated to the latest stable version...

Comment

• basskiller
        • Jul 2002
        • 3.5.x

what I don't understand is why the hosting company hasn't removed this site
        www.worldclassbodybuilding.com
        www.basskilleronline.com
        www.bodybuildingology.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...