X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kamran
    • Sep 2001

Uploading images and using smileys

Hi,

Should members be able to upload images using the Android app? I've got the latest version working and was asked the following:

Also the button to upload pictures from phone to here [my site] didnt work. Can pictures be uploaded into this forum? If so then the issue is the app. Just through the phone app it says no permission is allowed.
    I'm not sure if I need to change a permission on my end? I don't have an android phone to test this out on.

Also the same member had some issues with the smileys, some work fine [the basics - ] whereas the others either don't show or end up displaying along with part of the title of the smiley:

Click image for larger version

Name:	twosmiley.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	3722799

Here is our forum code of the smileys I think he was trying:

PHP Code:
    :) ::? ::eek :( :mad :-:roll :;) 

• acwatts
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

I can upload images with the app but once I view the image the quality is really bad. I reported this ages a go but they don't seem to fixed it.

Comment

• Kamran
      • Sep 2001

OK...just tested this on my nieces phone since I don't have a smart phone

In threads it uses attachments to add photos which I have disabled on my forum but that does work as I tested it under admin use. Can't really comment on the quality of photo as I don't think it was a good quality photo in the first place. However I was surprised how quickly it did upload. I don't think there's a way to allow attachments just for mobile devices rather than general forum use?

The photos should upload to the album area as normal...although I think you have to have an album made there already to upload in. I tried to make one but couldn't see the button to confirm it on the phone. It did try uploading the photo but the phone locked so I gave up. But I think it should work.

The issue with the smilies seems to be that the mobile application just has its own set of separate smilies (the default ones) that have their own codes. Some are the same as the forum codes so will work, others aren't so they don't. I'll have to see if I can find some way of sorting that out.

Comment