X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budget101
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.7.x

[CMS] vbcms-comments- CMS article posting = Hundreds of Duplicates

If I set an article to publish at a later date at a specific time (say 6 am), when the article publishes, it publishes HUNDREDS of times and over and over again in the vbcms-comments thread. Each time with a new thread id, with the exact same information.

To clear it, I'm forced to completely delete the article, clear the cache and then repost it, (without setting it to publish at a specific time or date).

Also, when I set the date/time for publishing and hit save- when I open it back up, the time is different from when I set it to begin with. I set all my articles to publish at 6 am- but when it saves, it could change it to 10:27pm or whatever it wants.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
  • GHST
    • Dec 2006
    • 4.1.x

vbcms-comments- CMS article posting = Hundreds of Duplicates

What version are you running? I had those issues with an earlier version but it's since gone away.

Comment

• Budget101
      • Jul 2008
      • 3.7.x

4.0.6 and changing versions Really isn't a possibility . . .

Comment

• GHST
        • Dec 2006
        • 4.1.x

vbcms-comments- CMS article posting = Hundreds of Duplicates

You really should consider updating to 4.1.10. There are many bug fixes for the CMS since your version. I don't think the staff can provide you with any fix aside from "update"

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Budget101
          4.0.6 and changing versions Really isn't a possibility . . .
          As it is a verified bug that was fixed in a later version you will need to upgrade to resolve the problem.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Chris27
            • Oct 2010
            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            As it is a verified bug that was fixed in a later version you will need to upgrade to resolve the problem.

I'm using 4.1.12 PL1 and have this problem. If it was fixed I believe it's back. I had tens of duplicates after I set an article to publish two minutes into the future. Every time I visited the article a new vbcms article comment was created.
            Chris Connaker

Founder
            Computer Audiophile

Comment

• Chang Orange
              • Nov 2011

Our site suffer from same problem.
              Sometimes some dedicate article will be repeated again and again and again in vbms comments forum.
              It was okay until we upgrade from 4.1.8 to 4.1.12.

Any solution for this ? please?

Comment

• Budget101
                • Jul 2008
                • 3.7.x

Yes, we'd love to hear a solution to this issue- it's broken in 4.0.6 & 4.1.12 4.1.12 PL1, etc . . . .

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Chris27
                  I'm using 4.1.12 PL1 and have this problem. If it was fixed I believe it's back. I had tens of duplicates after I set an article to publish two minutes into the future. Every time I visited the article a new vbcms article comment was created.
                  You will need to post the exact steps to reproduce this in JIRA then. Without the exact steps, the issue can not be replicated on this site or staging servers.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Budget101
                    • Jul 2008
                    • 3.7.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                    You will need to post the exact steps to reproduce this in JIRA then. Without the exact steps, the issue can not be replicated on this site or staging servers.
                    Exact steps?

Sure:
                    Create Article
                    Set to publish anytime in the future- aka 3 minutes from now or tomorrow morning, whatever
                    Hit Publish.
                    When article publishes it creates a thread in the vbcms-comments forum
                    view the article on the page itself
                    watch the articles in the vbcms-comments forum magically reproduce hundreds upon hundreds of times.

I deleted the original article from the site AND From the vbcms-comments forum, cleared the cache and it republishes itself again. Everytime this occurs I have to login directly to phpmyadmin and edit the table fields DIRECTLY to delete the article. Then Republish.

Here's an example- I've deleted this article "Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Cake" from my site 4 times since 6 am this morning AND Deleted 238 reproductions. Yet, in the last 15 minutes, it's reproduced itself over 15 times:

Explore Budget101 for DIY projects, dirt cheap recipes, and smart tips to save money and improve your life. Discover simple, cost-effective solutions!

Click image for larger version

Name:	reproductionerror.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	3687459

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

What addons besides vBSEO do you have installed? Though VBSEO could be interfering with this functionality. Following your steps above I couldn't recreate this on my test installation.

Do you have vb Optimize? It is known to cause tons of caching artifacts like this. The article you say you deleted is clearly visible and not deleted on the front page of your site. What Opcode Caching mechanism are you using?

If you can replicate this in a default style while no addons are running on your site, then you need to enter it into JIRA. I can't stress that enough. Bugs will not get fixed if they are not entered into JIRA.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Budget101
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 3.7.x

Add-ons are vbSEO & Downloads- although this occurs when they are disabled.

No, I don't use the optimize, the thread indicates it has multiple bugs. I deleted ALL the reproductions again and the original article from both the phpmyadmin and the site, cleared the cache and had to Republish the article with a new name (Note the "Double" in the recipe title). That's why you are still able to see it. You're not viewing the problem article, It's a "New" Article with a slightly different name.

Yes, this still occurs in default design. Although, I don't understand why that matters, I'm using vb's Stylevars for a color change- really has nothing to do at all with design- hexcode color differences are the only difference between default and my current design.

As for entering in JIRA- normally I get a "Upgrade, it was fixed" Like I received above, but as you can see, it's not fixed. Other users in multiple versions are experiencing the same issues.

Reported in JIRA:

Regarding Caching: The following settings are the only Cache Settings I could find:

Under AdminCP>Cached Post Lifespan>
                        Cached Post Lifespan is 15 days.

AdminCP>Threaded/Hyrbid Mode Options> Threaded Mode- Maximum Cached Posts > 0

AdminCP>External Data Provider> Thread Cache Lifespan > 60 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh, apparently it's an ongoing issue in Multiple Versions of vb, including the "new" vb 4.2:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-8861
                        Last edited by Budget101; Thu 7 Jun '12, 8:38am.

Comment

• Matzefn1
                          • May 2006

I have the same problem with vbulletin 4.2.1. Any updates?

Comment

• Mark.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            • Feb 2004
                            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by Matzefn1
                            I have the same problem with vbulletin 4.2.1. Any updates?
                            Hi

Please start your own thread with full details of the problem.
                            MARK.B
                            vBulletin Support
                            ------------
                            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...