X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • attroll
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed:

I am getting the following error shown below. Let me explain what happened. I move my web site to a new server and the new server was running PHP 5.3.10. I was having issues with other things not related to VB. I decided to downgrade my PHP to PHP 5.2.17 because that was the version of PHP that was on my old server and I had no problems with that version. Once I downgraded my PHP to PHP 5.2.17 I started receiving the error message when ever I try to make a quick post .

I would really like to get my site back up and running. Could someone please help me out here. I am starting to go into panic mode.

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: internal error: unknown opcode in find_fixedlength() at offset 553 in [path]/includes/functions_newpost.php on line 260
  • attroll
    • Jan 2003
    • 4.2.X

Here is an update to what has happened since I last posted. I am still have problems with posting. Every time I try to post to the forums or anywhere the post are blank. I have recompiled PHP with no luck. After I recompiled PHP I can no longer see any error messages because the screen switches for fast or they are jsut not showing buut I am still getting blank post.

I have lost faith in my tech team. Is there anyone out there that can help me or does anyone have any techs that they recommend that I can hire to get this issue resolved these issues with the server?

Comment

• attroll
      • Jan 2003
      • 4.2.X

Another follow up to explain a little more about this.

We recompiled PHP and the error messages stopped show up but I think that was because they just flashed by so fast on the screen that we could not see them but I am not sure. Even though there were no error messages showing up the same problem was still happening after the recompile of PHP. When I made a post it would save but nothing would show in the message, it was a blank message.

I even reinstall a working database backup to my vbulletin site to make sure that was not the problem and it still did not work.

I even went as far and creating another domain on the server and installing a fresh clean install of VB 4.1.10 in this other domain to see if that would work. That new install with VB 4.1.10 on the other domain does the same thing. It saves the message but does not display it, the message is blank.

This tells me that it is not VB that is the problem, does anyone agree?

I have lost faith in my server techs after this. Does anyone know anyone or recommend anyone that I can get or hire to look into this problem with the server that knows a little about vbulletin that can fix my server to get it all working again? I own my server and it is at a colo facility. I have been up for over two days working on this with techs. I server techs are telling me that there is nothing wrong and can find nothing wrong and are trying to say it is the vbulletin software. I know it is not the vbulletin software.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

That is the PCRE 8.21 bug that everyone is running into. You will need to downgrade to PCRE version 8.20. Or, alternately, if you have server access, you may see this thread about steps to take - http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/need-dow...-a-257991.html

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• attroll
          • Jan 2003
          • 4.2.X

I the info to my techs and there response was that if there was a bug in it then it would not be in the build. They do not believe anything I am telling them. I sent them the link this time around but I have not gotten a response from them yet.

I am so tired of these guys. I have been awake with this problem for over two days without any sleep and have gone through four different techs while they go home after there shifts. I am losing sleep over this and not to mention money. It is going on day three now. It would be nice to get this resolved and get some sleep. If anyone has any suggestions for someone that can fix this or to a good server tech please send me a PM or let me know.

Comment