[Discussion] SE - Swedish Language Pack [vBulletin 4.1.10] (suite)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anders P
    • Feb 2002

[Discussion] SE - Swedish Language Pack [vBulletin 4.1.10] (suite)

Here is my latest translation of the vBulletin suite version 4.1.10.

This is a 100% complete translation, including Admin help.

Installation Instructions: The .zip files contains the translations for Forum, Blog, CMS and Skimlinks Plugin.
    If you use vBulletin Forum Classic only upload the "Forum" and "Skimlinks" .xml files.
    If you use vBulletin Publishing Suite upload all the four .xml files.
    In both cases, first upload the "Forum" .xml file, then the other(s). To upload the translations for Blog, CMS and Skimlinks Plugin you must select to overwrite the existing language at the option "Overwrite Language", not create a new one.

Also note that if you are using this language pack on a later version please check all updated phrases since variables in the phrases that have been changed in later versions might cause loss of functionality.

If your site uses ISO-8859-1 (Latin-1) and thus you need the language files to be in that encoding you can convert the language files from utf8 before you install/upload them.
    This instruction should work.
    Use a a text editor like Notepad++
    Change the text "UTF-8" on row 1 and row 7 to "ISO-8859-1". Go to menu Encoding (format) and "Convert to ANSI" (Konvertera till ANSI), then go to Encoding (format) -> Character Set (Teckenuppsättning) -> Western European (Västeuropeisk) and choose "ISO 8859-1".
    You need to do this with all the files.

Any feedback is as always appreciated.

Download: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...4-1-10-(suite)

/Anders
    Last edited by Riasat; Tue 7 Feb '12, 7:45am.
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.
  • Astyanax
    • Dec 2009
    • 4.2.X

Anders, varför har du slutat konvertera till ISO-8859-1? Tar det mycket tid i anspråk?
    AMD Forum

Comment

• Anders P
      • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Astyanax
      Anders, varför har du slutat konvertera till ISO-8859-1? Tar det mycket tid i anspråk?
      Replying in English in order to keep to forum rules.

The reason for not making an ISO-8859-1 version is partly it takes some time (something that I haven't had enough of the last year), but also since I can not test it since my forum is in utf8.
      So I decided to just post an instruction on how to convert the file (which is based on the instructions I originally got from you I think).
      But if someone converts all the files to a package with ISO-8859-1, you could of course share that here.

/Anders
      Anders Pettersson
      Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
      If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
      Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• sava93
        • Jul 2004

Hi Anders,
        Thanks for amazing work. Dose 4.1.10 works fine on 4.1.11? There is many phrases still in english!
        For ex.

Icon Legend
        Contains unread forum posts
        Contains no unread forum post
        Forum is a category
        Forum is a Link

And in many others aries
        Many thanks

Comment

• Anders P
          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by sava93
          Hi Anders,
          Thanks for amazing work. Dose 4.1.10 works fine on 4.1.11? There is many phrases still in english!
          For ex.

Icon Legend
          Contains unread forum posts
          Contains no unread forum post
          Forum is a category
          Forum is a Link

And in many others aries
          Many thanks
          Hi.

There are not that many new phrases in 4.1.11 compared to 4.1.10, so that version would work pretty good. (I don't think there were any new phrases in the front end.)
          If I remember correctly there were not any new or changed phrases that contained any variables or code between these version so it should not cause any problems to use the 4.1.10 on a 4.1.11 installation (but remember to always run the "Find updated phrases" to see what phrases have been changed).
          However I have about three phrases left to translate for 4.1.11 so that should be available very soon.

If those phrases you mention above are still in English on your site you must be using a quite old translation for a newer version of vBulletin? The 4.1.10 is a 100% complete translation, and so will 4.1.11 be shortly.

/Anders
          Anders Pettersson

Comment

• sava93
            • Jul 2004

Hi again,

So sorry man, I'v made upgrade from 3.7.x to 4.1.11 on another place on the server to test the new template, test if the upgrade is working fine .. etc.
            And forget on the live one to upgrade the language too. You are right, I hade old language file.

I remember I updated the language file before, and when I made the real-upgrade just forgot to do it again. Thats why I come here to ask you direct
            Thanks for reply
            Last edited by sava93; Sat 3 Mar '12, 1:31pm.

Comment

• Anders P
              • Feb 2002

OK, I understand.
              Anyway, I've just uploaded the translation for 4.1.11 and it will hopefully be available for download soon.

/Anders
              Anders Pettersson

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...