X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • karlin
    • May 2007
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] 4.1.10 problems with Mac and iPad display

Ever since 4.1.8 I have had problems with my vBulletin site (displaying properly on Macs (using either Safari or Firefox). Often the site starts to come up, then the remainder of it displays as code. My own avatar will no longer display in sidebars such as 'Latest Posts' though everyone else's works fine. Since I upgraded to 4.1.10 the icons on the left on the main page that indicate whether there are new posts overlap with the text (on both browsers. but the forum icons display fine when you click into a forum or thread)) and I still am getting part pages of written html code rather than the site page; my avatar still doesn't display, and sometimes the page hangs when I try to post (it can stay hung for a day or more on a tab on the browser!).

I now have users telling me the site is displaying in a really tiny font and format on iPads (using the regular browser, not Tapatalk).

Is anyone else with an iPad having issues with this site? Things use to be fine but recently when I come to the site it only shows on about 1/4 of my screen. I can increase the size but it reverts to the smaller size with each screen change.
    I was just going to post the sme thing. It's like the forum software is picking up the iPad as a mobile browser and feeding it a small iPhone width size. You have to make it bigger manually with every page change. Just started.
    The forum url is http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/forum.php

Any help appreciated -- though am guessing these things cannot be addressed until the next release...? I didn't see them listed on the common issues for this release though.

Thanks for any help/information.

PS it is very hard to do searches for Mac issues on this forum, as Mac won't come up in searches/as a keyword as it is just 3 letters -- surely that should be changed in settings?
  • karlin
    • May 2007
    • 3.6.x

A user just added this so it seem to be a tablet issue generally with the new release, as well as some Mac display issues?

Same problems here on my tablet. I'm usung the Motorola Xoom. Not using tapatalk.

Comment

• Christie
      • Oct 2004

Have checked out your site and one thing I've noticed is your search icon (the magnifying glass) is misplaced - way over to the right hand side and creating a scroll bar at the bottom.

There's a fix for that issue here

The fact this is making your whole page so big, whilst the actual forum is only a portion of that may well affect those accessing on ipads.

Hope this helps

Comment

• karlin
        • May 2007
        • 3.6.x

Thanks -- this solved this single issue (I actually just changed the colour back to the original in the navbar).

But there are some serious problems remaining. I checked 'suspect file versions' and there are probably a hundred -- it does not seem to recognise ANY changed file from the upgrade. I cannot even post to my own board from my main Mac at the moment. Will put in a ticket (as I just redownloaded the upgrade and reinstalled and none of these things changed. Have never had such a serious mess with the board in years of doing upgrades.

Comment