X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Welshy
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.6.x

[Forum] Attachments show as links

Attachments show as links when the Quick Reply is Used.

Quick Reply -> image link and selecting "select file (from computer tab)" -> and using the "Upload Files(s)" button.

Any idea as to why this could be, please?

Everywhere else works on the forum.

The settings are correct (please see attachment below).

* Note that there is no plain "Yes" option to show it as vBulletin does (attachment below).

** On my forum it is shown as "Attachment 3488" for example and not "imagename.png" etc, as on here.
    Attached Files
    www.Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk - The UKs Leading and Most respected Electricians Forum.
  • Welshy
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.6.x

Sorry, Forgot to mention that the error message shown, when the attachment link is clicked on is:

Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

We have got a test thread for it with more info here:

View thread Here.
    www.Talk.ElectricianForum.co.uk - The UKs Leading and Most respected Electricians Forum.

Comment

• Welshy
      • Jan 2008
      • 3.6.x

Anyone?

Comment

• TheNewOne
        • Aug 2011

guests can not see the picture link as they need to login so make a test account so staff can test
        Last edited by TheNewOne; Thu 19 Jan '12, 2:59am.

Comment

• Welshy
          • Jan 2008
          • 3.6.x

Originally posted by TheNewOne
          guests can not see the picture link as they need to login
          This is happening for registered users, and other usergroups - logged in.

so make a test account so staff can test
          TestID: vbulletintest
          Test Password: vbulletin2012

Comment

• TheNewOne
            • Aug 2011

you will need to go over your options Message Attachment Options/View Attached Images Inline = Yes, display thumbnails
            you can delete the test account

Comment

• Welshy
              • Jan 2008
              • 3.6.x

you will need to go over your options Message Attachment Options/View Attached Images Inline = Yes, display thumbnails
              you can delete the test account

Thanks for your reply, But it is already set on that. Please view attachment for screenshot.
              Attached Files

Comment

• TheNewOne
                • Aug 2011

from the screenshot you have there you dont have it set to what i said

Comment

• Lynne
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Oct 2004

check Usergroup Manager > usergroup > Can View Thumbnails > Yes and Can View Attachments > Yes

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                  vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                  Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                  If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Maltair
                    • Feb 2009

vbulletin 4 forum
                    This happens to me. What happens is that I attach an image and it's fine. Then at some point days later the image disappears and shows as a hyperlink
                    Attachment 359
                    Attachment 360
                    etc.
                    and then clicking on it gets this error:
                    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

vbulletin said that this sounds like it could be one of a couple of things:

1. Your server is caching results which is refreshed when you click on Edit so that it then shows the item correctly or
                    2. the writing process to your database is slow and the attachment is not actually fully written despite the software saying it is
                    There's no fault with the software here, this is something that's only been reported by you so it can only be down to your setup I'm afraid...

but now we see that I'm not the only one who has experienced this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...