X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dartho
    • Sep 2005
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] vBulletin's Mobile Style No longer stays selected

When visiting my site from my phone, I switch from the default style to vBulletin's mobile style. Then if I click a link (say to a thread or forum) it changes back to default style. The same behaviour does not happen from my desktop. If I put my phone's browser into 'desktop mode' (where it sends headers/agent strings of a desktop device) this behaviour no longer happens. This also happens with the lightweight style I have installed.

Any clues as to what may be causing this? Seems to me it would be a vBulletin issue perhaps?
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

How about your style? Honestly, nobody really uses vBulletin's mobile style when yours is fast and friendly, lol.

PS - I've been able to use it in some very awesome ways.
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• dartho
      • Sep 2005
      • 3.8.x

Yeah, happens with mine too. its not a problem if you use a detection script. if you have no detection script running it seems vbulletin detects the mobile device anyway and decides to give you the default style whether you want it out not-pretty annoying after a short time.

Comment

• snakes1100
        • Aug 2001

Originally posted by dartho
        When visiting my site from my phone, I switch from the default style to vBulletin's mobile style. Then if I click a link (say to a thread or forum) it changes back to default style. The same behaviour does not happen from my desktop. If I put my phone's browser into 'desktop mode' (where it sends headers/agent strings of a desktop device) this behaviour no longer happens. This also happens with the lightweight style I have installed.

Any clues as to what may be causing this? Seems to me it would be a vBulletin issue perhaps?
        I can verify the same issue as Dartho on a test site running vb 4.1.9

Changing to the xxxx vbulletin mobile style or Dartho's nice functioning Light style, vbulletin reverts you back to the boards default style.

Why is vbulletin forcing end users to browse the vb.com site in their mobile style?
        Gentoo Geek

Comment

• hqarrse
          • Mar 2010
          • 4.1.x

This might be the same bug: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-13851

If so please vote for it as so far it seems to be getting a good ignoring by VB
          VB 4.1.9 on the Army Rumour Service
          VBSEO 3.6.0
          CentOS 5.6 / Slackware 12

Comment

• snakes1100
            • Aug 2001

I checked and missed that bug report, i didnt run a test site in 4.1.8, so that may be why.

I will vote as that basically sums it up in my case as well, not running a cms either, voted.

Left a comment as well.
            Gentoo Geek

Comment

• snakes1100
              • Aug 2001

Added numerous reported phones as well to the bug, which were reported by my users as not working.

DroidX
              DroidII
              Crackberry
              IPhone 4
              Htc evo 4g
              HTC thunderbolt
              HTC Droid Incredible
              Last edited by snakes1100; Thu 5 Jan '12, 10:37am.
              Gentoo Geek

Comment

• cherylferraro
                • Oct 2005
                • 4.2.X

Some iphone users have been reporting this problem on one of my forums since 4.1.8. After the latest update android users are reporting it too.

I voted in the tracker, thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

• F4Flake
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 3.6.x

Just voted. At least I would have if it wasn't marked as fixed.
                  Last edited by F4Flake; Sun 19 Feb '12, 11:53pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...