X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

The Mobile Suite - is this a joke?

I received this in an email. My guess is that the mandate is from the executive management as to whether, at this late date, you guys really need to actually work at all to do anything for this product. So now it's all about polling the customers to see how many are going to pay you $99 and how little you can do to convince users to be foolish enough to pay for another year of nothing? There is plenty of evidence here in the forum that you don't need more of my time to tell you the same thing that everyone else here has - and I haven't even commented much thus far and let others do the talking.

Help Us Make vBulletin Mobile an Even Better Product
    In light of our commitment to continue developing the vBulletin mobile suite into the best product that it can be, we would like your input as we prioritize this year's updates for the product.

Please take just a few moments to give us your feedback by taking a quick mobile suite survey.
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site
  • moonfox
    • Mar 2011
    • 3.8.x

I just completed it. However, I couldn't find the radio button for refund.

Comment

• MikesSite
      • Jan 2009
      • 3.8.x

No need for a survey, let's just look at the JIRA and mobile app section of the forum
      Last edited by MikesSite; Tue 17 Jul '12, 9:18am.

Comment

• pablo
        • Apr 2002
        • 3.8.x

filled it out, and added my comments about the quality of this product, its really not close to the quality of the other vBulletin products. hopefully the survey results will be their wakeup call.
        My Sites :

Comment

• fromtheflames
          • Dec 2009

maybe they just send that out to draw a complete view of the situation... here on the forum the ones that talk about the problem of the mobile suite are very few... I hope things will go better, I don't want any new feature, all I want at this time is a stable and usable app, with the very basic set of feature

Comment

• pokesph
            • Apr 2003

filled it out as well

product is not ready for production use.. not planning on renewing unless there are major changes before my current lic time expires.. and etc.
            Steve, Webmaster and Admin
            www.pokecommunity.com

Comment

• pablo
              • Apr 2002
              • 3.8.x

I estimate there are about 2,000 vBulletin Mobile Licenses, and as fromtheflames says, the voices on the forum here are only a small part of it.

Just to show how frustrating it is, see this post from Thu 27th Oct '11
              Originally posted by IBxAnders
              We are approximately, about 2 weeks away from releasing an update. I will confirm and update, sorry about the delay.
              Last edited by pablo; Wed 4 Jan '12, 11:40am.
              My Sites :

Comment

• Zachery
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Jul 2002

Its not a joke, however our user base on the forum is a very tiny % of the user base of the actual software. I do not know the number of licenses there are for mobile, but it would be far better to get the feedback of as much of the user base, and not just the few vocal minority (and I am not dismissing you, or your issues, many of which are 100% legit).

Comment

• Project-Buckfast
                  • Jul 2006

The Mobile Suite - is this a joke?

There's no way I'm renewing or wasting any more money on half baked vB crud!!

If anything we should be getting extensions on our license because the app is buggy and basically hasn't been touched in months.

I haven't got the email to fill out the survey.... Not even in my junk mail....
                  UniteTheCows - File Sharing & Digital Media Resource

Comment

• SteveLV702
                    • Aug 2009

I already paid $400 and we haven't had a update in over 8 months... No way gonna fork out another $400 (I have 4 licenses)
                    ------------------------------------------
                    Steve
                    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• slinky
                      • Mar 2001
                      • 1.1.x

Originally posted by SteveLV702
                      I already paid $400 and we haven't had a update in over 8 months... No way gonna fork out another $400 (I have 4 licenses)
                      Originally posted by Zachery
                      Its not a joke, however our user base on the forum is a very tiny % of the user base of the actual software. I do not know the number of licenses there are for mobile, but it would be far better to get the feedback of as much of the user base, and not just the few vocal minority (and I am not dismissing you, or your issues, many of which are 100% legit).
                      Zachery - you're so helpful and don't deserve having to hear it as the front line. If the minority are telling you that there are serious confirmed issues and there is minimal development due to reasons we all know, what's the need for the survey? Is management trying to figure out whether the "majority" is aware of the failures so that they can surreptitiously get another $99 before they wake up to these facts?

I think that's the reason why you've seen a mass exodus here. Management fails to just call it like it is and commit to doing anything once it has your money. For the past two years with VB 4 we've seen what an utter failure it is (e.g. the CMS, etc.). Instead of just committing to fix something, management tries to figure out how it can get more money to do just that. The company has now run most of the design shops and the most product plugin developers right out the door. Most of my plugins are no longer updated and supported so I got rid of them. So with the mobile suite, it's the same game playing. About time the company just made it right instead of trying to send out something to determine how much it can exploit the next opportunity.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by slinky
                        I received this in an email. My guess is that the mandate is from the executive management as to whether, at this late date, you guys really need to actually work at all to do anything for this product. So now it's all about polling the customers to see how many are going to pay you $99 and how little you can do to convince users to be foolish enough to pay for another year of nothing? There is plenty of evidence here in the forum that you don't need more of my time to tell you the same thing that everyone else here has - and I haven't even commented much thus far and let others do the talking.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...=1#post2247700
                        I suggest answering it truthfully and giving an honest assessment of the current state of the app. About the only feedback I can give on the survey.
                        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• whitey10tc
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 4.0.x

Originally posted by slinky
                          About time the company just made it right instead of trying to send out something to determine how much it can exploit the next opportunity.
                          Well said!
                          I very seldom complain unless I'm not receiving what I paid for. and the mobile suite is definitely not what I paid for. There have been many times I thought of doing a charge back against it, for the reason that it is faulty. I believe I speak the same as many when I say this:
                          We paid for a product that we were led to believe was working and would be updated. We did NOT buy a beta (test) product. We should be granted a 1 yr courtesy license extension.
                          We should not need to report every single issue and wait for weeks, months, (maybe) years for a fix to be implemented by vbulletin. While our needs are put on the back burner and other faulty products are released, in the same beta (test) stages.
                          I can say that unless a member of my forums donates for a specific add on like the mobile suite, or facebook app I will not waste my time or money again and I will continue to say that taptalk is far superior to the vb mobile suite. It has support and the biggest most important thing it works correctly.
                          www.cdmagurus.com
                          www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

• acwatts
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 3.8.x

I never got an email about a survey, where is the survey. The link in the first post just takes me to vbulletin.com

Comment

• slinky
                              • Mar 2001
                              • 1.1.x

Originally posted by acwatts
                              I never got an email about a survey, where is the survey. The link in the first post just takes me to vbulletin.com
                              Have you installed and used the mobile suite?
                              Yes
                              No

[If not, then you might not know what you're missing after paying $99 eight months ago.... and you're ripe to pay another $99 for another go round.]

To what degree are your members downloading/using the mobile app (Choose an estimated range)?

[Difficult to say. Virtually all of our users are willing to buy Tapatalk for a multi-forum and far better experience that is miles ahead of the app. In fact, we suggest Tapatalk since our users will have a negative opinion of our sites if we send them towards the mobile apps first.]

If you have installed and used the suite, how was your installation experience (please comment/explain)?

I was able to install the mobile suite with no major issues
                              There were one or two issues but I got it done
                              I had a pretty difficult time installing my mobile suite
                              I found it impossible or nearly impossible to install this mobile suite

[RTFF - Read the forum]

Would you recommend the vBulletin Mobile Suite to a friend? Please explain why
                              Yes No Comments

[RTFF - Read the forum]

Do you intend to renew your mobile license for the annual renewal fee of $99 (Please comment on why or why not)?
                              Yes No Comments

[RTFF - Read the forum]

What version of vBulletin are you currently running?
                              3.x
                              4.x Forum Only
                              4.x with Publisher's Suite

[Most of us bought vB 4 because we thought it was our only way to use products created over 2 years later. Little did we know that they would be spending time making them compatible with 3.x because that is the version of VB that IB runs on most of its own sites..]

What additional features would you like to see in vBulletin mobile?

[See also "vBulletin 4 Suite" that is still missing a revised search and a CMS that requires a rewrite. Forget about features. We still need someone to work on the app. Once someone is on the payroll, they need to finish this work in progress that anyone using it can describe for you.]

How would you describe your technical abilities and savvy?
                              I consider myself a technical expert
                              I consider myself generally proficient in technical matters
                              I understand the technical stuff, I just need some help
                              I consider myself to be "technically challenged"

[I consider myself very agile.]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...