X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tosix
    • Mar 2006

Error when insert a new discussion

Hello to all,

from now on my forum version 3.8.4 patch level 2 occurred an error when you insert a new discussion.

Warning: preg_replace () [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: lookbehind assertion is not fixed length at offset 176 in [path] / includes / functions_newpost.php on line 246

The code has not been touched for months, what can I do?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

That's an issue with your server - you need to speak to your host about this
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• tosix
      • Mar 2006

Hi Trevor,

thank you for the reply. I contacted the hosting and tell me that everything is functioning regularly and contact VBulletin.
      I think the problem is derived by the update to version 8.21 of PCRE.
      Is there a way to solve this problem, because the hosting can't downgrade to version 8.20.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

What version of PHP are you using?

Comment

• tosix
          • Mar 2006

The version of PHP is 5.2.17

Today i update at the last version can I download 3.8.6 Patch level 1, but the problem is the same.

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Compilation failed: lookbehind assertion is not fixed length at offset 255 in [path]/includes/functions_newpost.php on line 260

For the moment I bypassed the problem commenting preg_replace () and assigning $text = $messagetext;

The problem is posting a new discussion, responding to a thread and sending a private message. The BBcode for the links area ON . If switch to OFF there is no problem obviously because it's bypassed.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

The code in question looks like it is used to turn e-mail addresses into links, usually not an often used feature.

Comment

• tosix
              • Mar 2006

The code that turn e-mail addresses into links works fine. The problem is genereting by the previous preg_replace() that turn url in links. Any ideas? Thanks for your support

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                • Jul 2008

This is a shot in the dark but try changing lines 227 - 229 in the file functions_newpost.php

PHP Code:
                        $urlSearchArray = array(            '#(^|(?<=[^_a-z0-9-=\]"\'/@]|(?<=' $taglist ')\]))((https?|ftp|gopher|news|telnet)://|www\.)((\[(?!/)|[^\s[^$`"{}<>])+)(?!\[/url|\[/img)(?=[,.!\')]*(\)\s|\)$|[\s[]|$))#siU'        

); 
                to:

PHP Code:
                        $urlSearchArray = array();

$urlSearchArray[] = '#(^|(?<=[^_a-z0-9-=\]"\'/@]|(?<=' $taglist ')\]))((https?|ftp|gopher|news|telnet)://|www\.)((\[(?!/)|[^\s[^$`"{}<>])+)(?!\[/url|\[/img)(?=[,.!\')]*(\)\s|\)$|[\s[]|$))#siU'
                Save the original first in case this doesn't work.

Comment

• tosix
                  • Mar 2006

In my file this lines are 241 - 243 .

I tried to change these lines, but still the same error

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

That's weird, I l was looking at the 3.8.4 PL2 files.

I was afraid of the same error- What I gave you was a line they used (more or less) in VB4, thinking maybe they had something that would prevent the error- but it seems not. In my Google research I see that the PCRE library has had it share of bugs over the years, some come to light only with specific versions of PHP. In all cases I saw people solved it by either downgrading the PCRE library or changing their PHP version.

Comment

• beansbaxter
                      • May 2005
                      • 3.8.x

I'm running php 5.2.17 with vBulletin 3.8.7 and I am experiencing this same issue. How can I resolve this?
                      Last edited by beansbaxter; Tue 3 Jan '12, 2:11am.
                      PNW Moto

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                        • Jul 2008

The only solution at this time is to downgrade back to PCRE 8.20. This has been logged as a bug in 8.21.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...