X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Neo_Angelo
    • Dec 2005
    • 3.8.x

[Forum] is this a vB copyright text?

Ok i'm just wondering as i've seen on a lot of forums that at the bottom they have this posted on it and i was wondering if it is part of vBulletins copyright:

vBulletin Modification sponsored by Information Technology Salary

if it isn't how do i go about removing it as it only shows up for guests on my forums and i'm not sure where its actually coming from.i can't seem to find this in any templates or plugins/products i have and its baffled me as to where its came from as none of my footers have been customized yet it still pops up.
    Colin F is my hero!
  • ssoc
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but this was bugging me too, and Google kept bringing me back to this thread so I thought it might be helpful for others in the future.

That 'sponsor' link only appears to non-logged-in members. I had to disable each plugin one by one until I found the culprit, which is.....

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=264216 <<this one!

Uninstalled by me. Dirty tactics.

Comment

• Crotan
      • Jun 2011
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by ssoc
      Sorry to drag up an old thread, but this was bugging me too, and Google kept bringing me back to this thread so I thought it might be helpful for others in the future.

That 'sponsor' link only appears to non-logged-in members. I had to disable each plugin one by one until I found the culprit, which is.....

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=264216 <<this one!

Uninstalled by me. Dirty tactics.
      That mod lists the footer in its description.
      Support / Branding

I provide vBulletin Mods for zero costs. To help me please leave the modification footer link alone, unless you support this modification with a 15$ minimum donation.

If you choose to support me, I will contact you via the email provided by paypal with instructions on how to remove the footer note.
      I'd recommend http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259340 as a replacement.
      sigpic

Comment

• nitra1000
        • Nov 2009

Hi,

If you don't want the branding from one of my websites then please feel free to use another plugin.

Thanks,
        John

P.S I will remove the code that only shows it to guests, the plugin was written when allot of people where simply removing all branding from plugin's devaluing the work I do

Comment

• Ramsesx
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

It's always a good idea to read before installing something...

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Closing this because it is addon related and has been answered. If the original poster has any further issues, they can take it up with the Addon Developer.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...