Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alan-PCHT
    • Sep 2011

[Forum] Sub Forums two columns wide

Can someone give me instructions on how to display sub-forums two columns wide instead of the default horizontal display please?
    I am using vBulletin 4.1.8

Many Thanks

Alan
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

I wrote an article over on vbulletin.org in the articles forum on how to use CSS to make the subforums list into two columns. You can look it up over there.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Alan-PCHT
      • Sep 2011

OK, thanks

Comment

• Alan-PCHT
        • Sep 2011

Displaying the sub-forums two columns wide worked a treat lynne but that extra bit of code dosnt remove the comma at the end of each sub-forum. Any idea's on how to remove the comma's

about Paisley Community Heath Trust Charity based in Renfrewshire Scotland

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

As of 4.1.8, commas are no longer added to the page via CSS. You'll need to edit it out of the forumhome_subforums template directly now. (Or, possibly write a plugin to set the variable to '' instead of ',')

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Alan-PCHT
            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Lynne
            As of 4.1.8, commas are no longer added to the page via CSS. You'll need to edit it out of the forumhome_subforums template directly now. (Or, possibly write a plugin to set the variable to '' instead of ',')
            Thanks Lynne and if anybody else wants to lose the comma then this is what I edited.

Navigate to the template Lynne mentions then to this line: <a href="{vb:link forum, {vb:raw row}}">{vb:raw row.title}</a>{vb:raw row.comma} and delete the part in bold.

Its advisable to copy the whole line and save it should you want to revert back.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...