X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notfrostyjosh
    • Jun 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Cursor Disappearing in Firefox in 4.1.8

Sorry if I'm the most dense person in the world - I don't keep up with this stuff as well as I should. I updated from 4.1.4 to 4.1.8 today and I am still getting the disappearing cursor in Firefox. I created a new style with no parent and the error still appeared. I ran the diagnostic for suspect file versions and got:

vbulletin-read-marker.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    vbulletin-threadbit.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    vbulletin_global.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    jquery-1.3.min.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
    jquery-1.4.4.min.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin

blank.html
    File does not contain expected contents

In 4.1.4, I had used the "uncompressed javascript" option because I wanted to change a line that made it so the box with "Would you like to leave this page?" wouldn't come up. At that time, I don't believe the warning about uncompressed javascript was present.

Is one of these "suspect files" causing the disappearing cursor? Should I delete all of them?

Thank you for your time.
  • HMBeaty
    • Mar 2005

Try clearing your cookies
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
    "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
    "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

• notfrostyjosh
      • Jun 2011
      • 4.1.x

For whatever it's worth, it seems like after you make a post in a thread then the cursor will then work even after the arrow buttons are used.

Comment

• HMBeaty
        • Mar 2005

Also, you can delete all 5 files you listed above as none of those are part of 4.1.8 now.
        "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
        "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"

Comment

• notfrostyjosh
          • Jun 2011
          • 4.1.x

Thanks, I deleted my own cache/cookies and deleted those files and the cursor still disappears. Oddly, after posting in a thread the cursor will work for the next quick reply. Also, if I press the "Restore Auto Saved Content" the cursor will then also work in the quick reply box.

Comment

• notfrostyjosh
            • Jun 2011
            • 4.1.x

Any other ideas? I don't have any plugins or add-ons running either...I'm wondering if it's another problem with the .htaccess file interfering.

Comment

• HMBeaty
              • Mar 2005

Uh, not really as it seems I'm having the issue again . May be time for the devs to reopen that bug

Comment

• myths
                • Dec 2006
                • 4.2.X

yes cersor not appear for me also

Comment

• notfrostyjosh
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 4.1.x

Can a mod weigh in? It sounds like there is still a cursor "issue" here.

Comment

• HMBeaty
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by notfrostyjosh
                    Can a mod weigh in? It sounds like there is still a cursor "issue" here.
                    The devs are aware of it and it is slated to fixed (again) in 4.1.10

Comment