Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WriteToEnlight
    • Dec 2009

[Suite] Strange Error For Me In Vbulletin 4.1.8

Hello everyone.. for some reason when I was trying to install the new Vbulletin 4.1.8 I got this error saying something along the lines of

"Startup Errors
    Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
    • Following is a list of files that are either missing or contain unexpected contents. The most likely cause is that all of the files from this release have not been properly uploaded. You should resolve this error before continuing.
      /clientscript/yui/history/assets/blank.html - File does not contain expected contents"

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or if anyone knows what would be best to do about it. Is this an error exclusive to the new version that just came out maybe? If anyone could help me with this I'd truely appreciate it..
    Last edited by WriteToEnlight; Mon 14 Nov '11, 8:25pm.
  • worried
    • Dec 2008
    • 4.2.X

Me too. I'm reuploading the files again to see if it helps. vB is getting larger every new upgrade. It takes forever to upload and I wonder if my server is timing out.

Comment

• HMBeaty
      • Mar 2005

It said I was missing /install/vbulletin_upgrade.js. However, the file was there, so I tried refreshing and it upgraded just fine.
      "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
      "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
      "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

• WriteToEnlight
        • Dec 2009

Hmm, well so far I've tried reuploading that whole folder mentioned and I still got the same error. I'm gonna try reuploading all those files and running the install again and see if that helps. I'll keep ya'll updated..

Any n all input is welcome, the more the better.. hopefully we can get this worked out for all of us.

Comment

• worried
          • Dec 2008
          • 4.2.X

I went ahead and clicked the install anyways button and had no problems so far.

Comment

• Neal-UK
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by WriteToEnlight
            Hello everyone.. for some reason when I was trying to install the new Vbulletin 4.1.8 I got this error saying something along the lines of

"Startup Errors
            Due to the following errors, the install/upgrade can not continue:
            • Following is a list of files that are either missing or contain unexpected contents. The most likely cause is that all of the files from this release have not been properly uploaded. You should resolve this error before continuing.
              /clientscript/yui/history/assets/blank.html - File does not contain expected contents"
            I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and/or if anyone knows what would be best to do about it. Is this an error exclusive to the new version that just came out maybe? If anyone could help me with this I'd truely appreciate it..
            Yup, i've just got this as well but i'm going to click ignore and hope for the best....
            [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

• WriteToEnlight
              • Dec 2009

Well, I decided to do the same.. I guess we'll see what happens. So far it seems to of installed fine

Comment

• Paul M
                Former Lead Developer
                vB.Com & vB.Org
                • Sep 2004

You can safely ignore it and proceed.

The 4.1.8 installer checks all your files to make sure they are the correct version (i.e. 4.1.8). For some reason, it seems a lot of sites are tripping up on that rather obscure file (which does nothing other than serve up a blank page).
                Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• hamster0914
                  • Jan 2006
                  • 3.8.x

I have posted a ticket already, but complete fail after upgrading(CP still up), only getting the following on my site now: (after the above message)
                  Database error in vBulletin 4.1.8:
                  Invalid SQL:
                  SELECT node.nodeid, node.url, node.parentnode, node.nodeleft, node.noderight,
                  node.setpublish, node.publishdate, info.title, node.permissionsfrom, node.hidden, COUNT(child.nodeid) AS children,
                  SUM(CASE WHEN (child.setpublish > 0 AND child.publishdate < 1321362587 AND child.contenttypeid <> 17) THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS publish_count
                  FROM cms_node AS node
                  LEFT JOIN cms_node AS child ON child.parentnode = node.nodeid AND child.new != 1
                  LEFT JOIN cms_nodeinfo AS info ON info.nodeid = node.nodeid
                  WHERE (node.contenttypeid = 17)
                  GROUP BY node.nodeid, node.url, node.parentnode, node.nodeleft, node.noderight,
                  node.setpublish, node.publishdate, info.title, node.permissionsfrom, node.hidden HAVING COUNT(child.nodeid) > 0
                  ORDER by node.nodeleft;;
                  MySQL Error : Got error 28 from storage engine
                  Error Number : 1030
                  Request Date : Tuesday, November 15th 2011 @ 05:09:47 AM
                  Error Date : Tuesday, November 15th 2011 @ 05:09:47 AM
                  Script : http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/
                  Referrer :
                  IP Address : 58.138.21.48
                  Username : hamish
                  Classname : vB_Database
                  MySQL Version : 5.1.56

Comment

• hamster0914
                    • Jan 2006
                    • 3.8.x

I rebuilt the server, and the storage error cleared itself!

Comment

• Papa Bear
                      • Apr 2011
                      • 5.3.x

Strange ..i did not have any of these problems when I upgraded to 4.1.8

Comment

• albanah
                        • Jan 2010

So many problems after upgrade.
                        One very serious problem is modifying old cms. It gives crazy errors and cannot save.
                        The worst experience ever in vb upgrade is this version.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                          • Aug 2000

Originally posted by albanah
                          So many problems after upgrade.
                          One very serious problem is modifying old cms. It gives crazy errors and cannot save.
                          The worst experience ever in vb upgrade is this version.
                          Did you experience these problems when you upgraded your test server?
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Demon119
                            • Jun 2007
                            • 4.2.X

same problem im getting /clientscript/yui/history/assets/blank.html error and im Not able to ignore and Continue it just loads a little bit and stops ..... Guess i better stay with 4.1.7 P2

Comment

• Paul M
                              Former Lead Developer
                              vB.Com & vB.Org
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Demon119
                              im Not able to ignore and Continue it just loads a little bit and stops .....
                              Then you have a non related issue.
                              The warning is simply that, nothing more, if you choose to ignore & continue then the process carries on as if that warning never existed.
                              Baby, I was born this way

Comment