• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PHash
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] HTML Editor Toolbar does not appear

New to vB. Running 4.1.7.

The HTML Editor Toolbar buttons do not appear when I attempt to edit/create an article. Am I missing something obvious?

Safari 5.1.1
    Opera 11.52
    Firefox 7.0

I have tried this on all three browsers plus iPad and iPhone running iOS 5.0 with Javascript set to both off and on with no luck.

My user settings indicate Show Enhanced WYSIWYG Editor Toolbar.

I've also Executed the SQL Query to Show Enhanced WYSIWYG Editor Toolbar.

I've also tried this with both the default style and one I've purchased.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Please see: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...-after-upgrade
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• PHash
      • Oct 2011
      • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Wonderful! Worked like a charm. Thank you for your assistance!

Comment

• PHash
        • Oct 2011
        • 4.1.x

It seems that the toolbar now appears, however when I click on an image, the Image Settings Menu popup appears and disappears quickly without actually clicking or selecting anything in it. I reproduced this issue in all three browsers I am using as noted above.

Again, and suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Comment

• PHash
          • Oct 2011
          • 4.1.x

Interesting...it appears that the Image Setting popup works fine when adding new images to new articles. It does not seem to function with existing images/old articles.

Also, I tried uploading an image from my computer. My image processing library is set to imagemagick 6 with the appropriate path. I have the proper permissions, file sizes etc set.

When I select a file and attempt to upload it, it fails (with red circle with exclamation point next to the file name).

Is there something obvious I am missing here?

Comment

• Lynne
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Oct 2004

What is in your error_logs from the time you uploaded, and failed, that image?

And, are you using the WYSIWYG editor or the Source Mode editor?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• PHash
              • Oct 2011
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Lynne
              What is in your error_logs from the time you uploaded, and failed, that image?

And, are you using the WYSIWYG editor or the Source Mode editor?
              Well, this seems odd... having just recently set up the site, I had not yet enabled error logging through my hosting provider. Once I did that, uploading the images seemed to work fine.

I am using the WYSIWYG editor.

It isn't clear to me how, if at all, enabling error logs (I don't recall changing another setting), would solve the issue; but, the issue seems resolved.

Thanks anyway for the fast reply. I appreciate it. Sorry to waste your time.

Comment

• Lynne
                Former vBulletin Support
                • Oct 2004

Enabling error_logs shouldn't have solved the issue. However, I am glad it seems to be solved!

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...