X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • techieanalyst
    • Jul 2011
    • 4.1.x

Experience with VBet

I had high hopes of having this plugin working for my forums however a number of issues:

1.) Plugin required code manipulation of vbseo, thats not a fix and its not integration, the code manipulation could rick the reliablity of VBSeo, as I cannot get vbseo to state the changes are approved
    2.) Propose I basically disable 20 -30 plugins which all work perfect together, if you introduce a plugin that causes other to break.........20 - 30 to 1 is the math, its your plugins issue

Because it causes major plugins and functions to fail, I requested a refund, was told no, and that Im denying their support, only stipulation I put is no code or option manipulation of third part plugins, and they didnt agree

I dont want a forum that when upgrades for plugins come out I need to go through 100s of pages of code to make changes, period

I run all dragonbyte plugins currently, all work perfect, I use the advanced voice tool, photopost pro, vbtube etc etc etc none of those causing me any problem.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

This would be more appropriate at www.vbulletin.org in the vBET thread.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• techieanalyst
      • Jul 2011
      • 4.1.x

I did just that, but I want it here as well for future references, people should go through this kind of thing, these kinds of experiences with vb 3rd party developers puts a bad taste in my mouth for VB

Comment

• NLP-er
        • Aug 2008

Please note that there is no needed to disable other plugins to work with vBET.

Also please note that techieanalyst didn't have to and he really didn't go through 100s of pages of code to make changes.

Please also note that vBET has confirmed and working instructions to integrate with vbseo, photopost and some other plugin and for most plugins any integration is not necessary at all (only for those which are breaking vBulletin architecture - for example do not use global_complete hook).
        vBulletin Enterprise Translator (vBET) - your forum in 52 languages!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...