Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sean James
    • Apr 2004

[CMS] Downloading and uploading XMLs bug

I have a problem on my board with downloading and uploading skins. I have tested so far 5 skins with plugins disabled (even though I have none installed) and this problem still exists.

When I download a skin, and then re-upload the XML again changing the skin name to something different it looks like the new upload is missing alot of the custom stylevars.

For example on the cms:

Orginal: http://www.bluepearl-skins.com/vBull....php?styleid=7
    Uploaded: http://www.bluepearl-skins.com/vBull...hp?styleid=165

And Blog:

Orginal: http://www.bluepearl-skins.com/vBull....php?styleid=7
    Uploaded: http://www.bluepearl-skins.com/vBull...hp?styleid=165

P
    retty much all XML skin files I am downloading from this board are missing the customised CMS and BLOG stylevars. And most probably other stylevars that I have not yet found.

*** Edit,
    The problem is on my forumhome page as well, the time color of the sidebar blocks are not correct:
    Last edited by Sean James; Wed 12 Oct '11, 4:46am.
    Bluepearl Skins - vBulletin 4 & 5 Skins
  • Riasat
    • Aug 2006

stylevars/templates etc belongs to specific products. base product is forum. cms and blog are add-on products.

In order to download a "complete" skin, you will need to download three xml files, one for cms, one for forum and one for blog.

Comment

• Sean James
      • Apr 2004

Thanks for the reply mate. Is this something new in 4.1.7?
      Because every single xml download until now I have had no problems downloading the XML as a complete package.

Comment

• Sean James
        • Apr 2004

So once I download each product style: vBulletin / vBulletin Blog / vBulletin CMS I then have to upload all 3 of them separately when I upload the skin again? When I try to upload them all I have to merge into the previous obviously but this does not work.

This does not make sense to me at all, I have been packaging vBulletin 4 skins since 4.0.0 and I always downloaded them as a full packages including BLOG and CMS in one XML file :/

Comment

• Riasat
          • Aug 2006

if you download them separately, you will need to upload all of them in the same skin.

This is not new in 417. I am not aware of any way to download one xml that includes *all* products.

PS: I will discuss with with other support guys and let you know.

Comment

• Sean James
            • Apr 2004

Thank you, because I have been download the style XML's for vBulletin, blog and CMS as one XML for almost 2 years now for vB4.

Also checked some of the 4.1.7 skins on vBulletin.org and their suite skins are also one XML file.

Comment

• ceho
              • Mar 2008
              • 4.1.x

Sorry, this has to be new (reminds me of the mobile style XML's). I did that with one file only since the beginning of vB 4 too, including blogs and CMS. I have to admit I didn't do that since 4.1.3 anymore, but in the past definitely only one XML file was generated and needed.
              sigpic

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Looking at the code comments, it should have been the way it is now rather than how it was previously.
                Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Sean James
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                  http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-10331

Looking at the code comments, it should have been the way it is now rather than how it was previously.
                  So from now on to export our styles we need to export 3 separate XML files (vBulletin, Blog, CMS) and then to upload the skin again we need to upload 3 separate XML files and merge them into each other?

Comment

• Riasat
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Griffin80
                    So from now on to export our styles we need to export 3 separate XML files (vBulletin, Blog, CMS) and then to upload the skin again we need to upload 3 separate XML files and merge them into each other?
                    I guess so. It does give you more flexibility. For example, someone can make a complete skin and sell three parts separately.
                    This also ensures that you dont have extra templates/stylevars (of your other custom products) in your exported style.

However, I do think there should be a way to download the full package.

Comment

• Sean James
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by CvP
                      However, I do think there should be a way to download the full package.
                      This was possible from vBulletin 4.0.0 to 4.1.5, so not sure why this was changed.
                      What I cannot understand is that I downloaded 4 skins from vBulletin.org for 4.1.7 and they are packaged as one XML file which includes, suite, blog and forum... so obviously this is not effecting all 4.1.7 boards :/

Comment

• Riasat
                        • Aug 2006

It is very much possible to merge the XMLs yourself. takes at most 3/4 mins.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...