Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marmopasquale
    • May 2007

[Forum] Problem after upgrade from 4.1.6 to 4.1.7

I just upgraded to version 4.1.7, now in phase I log in print: Welcome $BBuserinfo [username].
    All styles are updated.
    What should I do?
  • ryohnosuke
    • Dec 2010
    • 4.1.x

The same crappy problem here. I'm not crazy after all. lol

Saludos.

Comment

• Harleyforum
      • Jan 2011
      • 4.1.x

Same here, I replaced it with {1} instead, works.

so:

Welcome $BBuserinfo [username].

Should be

Welcome {1}.

IT MIGHT have to do with the BB-code bug.

(change this in language settings in admin CP,. search for phraze)

Last edited by Harleyforum; Thu 6 Oct '11, 2:54am.

Comment

• ryohnosuke
        • Dec 2010
        • 4.1.x

Ow, that's good, only changing the phrase $BBuserinfo [username] works. : D

Now let's see what vB say about this.

Saludos.

Comment

• Anders P
          • Feb 2002

This is no bug, it is a phrase that has been updated. One always need to check for updated phrases after an upgrade and correct the phrases in the language pack one use in accordance with the changes in the Master Language.
          Most of the people that do translation packs can't have a new version ready at the same time as the upgrade is released, we need to install it our selves and finish all phrases that are new or have been changed.

So if one uses a language pack other that the default one always need to check if there are updated phrases, just as one need to check for updated templates, since there are some variables/code used in the phrases these are often subject to change.

/Anders
          Anders Pettersson
          Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
          If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
          Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• Harleyforum
            • Jan 2011
            • 4.1.x

Thanx Anders! So this only apply to vbulletins that are in OTHER languages than English, default?

Comment

• kfyonur
              • Oct 2010
              • 4.1.x

Search in the phrases Thank you for logging in
              $vbphrase[login]
              Thank you for logging in, {1}.

Comment

• Anders P
                • Feb 2002

Originally posted by snakebikes
                Thanx Anders! So this only apply to vbulletins that are in OTHER languages than English, default?
                Yes, if one use the Master Language it won't be any problem. The Master Language change during upgrade. But the other languages need to be manually updated.
                Anders Pettersson
                Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
                If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
                Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• Paul M
                  Former Lead Developer
                  vB.Com & vB.Org
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by snakebikes
                  It can also apply to English if you have customised the phrase.

It can also apply to phrases used by addons if they happen to rely on a variable in them (i.e. $xxxxx).
                  Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• mmostafayousef
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Can somebody explain in lame man terms please???

Comment

• Anders P
                      • Feb 2002

If you have any phrases that are not from the default Master Language (English), which means any other language or custom phrases that you have changed on your own, or from a plugin, they may have been updated to use another variable. This means that your custom phrase (or phrase from plugin or other language will try and call for the wrong variable, thus resulting in that you, for example, will see $BBuserinfo [username] instead of your user name.

When upgrading one most always check for updated phrases (just as for updated templates) since the phrases can have been updated. One need to make the corresponding changes to one's custom phrase in order for vBulletin to function correct.

/Anders
                      Anders Pettersson

Comment

• mmostafayousef
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Anders P
                        If you have any phrases that are not from the default Master Language (English), which means any other language or custom phrases that you have changed on your own, or from a plugin, they may have been updated to use another variable. This means that your custom phrase (or phrase from plugin or other language will try and call for the wrong variable, thus resulting in that you, for example, will see $BBuserinfo [username] instead of your user name.

When upgrading one most always check for updated phrases (just as for updated templates) since the phrases can have been updated. One need to make the corresponding changes to one's custom phrase in order for vBulletin to function correct.

/Anders
                        Thank you Anders; truely appreciated.

However; I still need more detailed explanation in order to grap the subject. What did you mean by "the wrong variable"?? Sorry for my little experience, I still have to learn a lot.

Thanking you in advance for the kind support.

Comment

• Daniel.P
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 4.0.x

try AdmiCP - Languages & Phrases - Find Updated Phrases.
                          You have translate or update all phrases in list
                          born to fish forced to work

Comment

• Anders P
                            • Feb 2002

Originally posted by mmostafayousef
                            However; I still need more detailed explanation in order to grap the subject. What did you mean by "the wrong variable"?? Sorry for my little experience, I still have to learn a lot.
                            OK I will try to explain.
                            In the phrase "login"
                            The default used to look like this: "Thank you for logging in, $bbuserinfo[username]."
                            Now it is changed to "Thank you for logging in, {1}."

So the part of the phrase that can vary depending on who is logged in etc. that is a variable. And as you can see this part is now changed from "$bbuserinfo[username]" to "{1}" in many phrases.

I hope this helps.

/Anders
                            Anders Pettersson

Comment

• Daniel.P
                              • Apr 2008
                              • 4.0.x

Not only there.
                              Мaybe about 30 variables are changed.
                              born to fish forced to work

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...