Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richards1052
    • Sep 2011

[Forum] How to display vb code toolbar over edit box

How does one display the vb or html code toolbar over the edit box? In my forum http://www.israelpalestineforum.com/forum it's not displaying at all.
    Richard Silverstein
    http://www.israelpalestineforum.com/forum/
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

In your Admin CP -> Options -> Message Posting Interface Options

For the first setting do you have "Enable Standard & WYSIWYG Editor Controls" selected for all 3 options? You should.

If that is set correctly go to your Settings and Edit Settings -> Message Editor Interface: and make sure you don't have basic checked. (This is your user's settings, not admincp settings)

Comment

• richards1052
      • Sep 2011

Yes, Wysiwy is selected for all 3 admin options & I have Wysiwyg also checked in my own personal settings. Still not displaying for me, nor is it displaying for any members.
      Richard Silverstein

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Go to Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings. Make sure the two options for the Mobile Style Defaults are set to something other than your primary style. If you don't have the mobile style installed, they should be set to None.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• richards1052
          • Sep 2011

Right now, those settings are configured to "Default settings," which I presume is my primary style. So I have to set this to None, I presume.

But if I want to enable users to use the forum on their mobile phones should I install a mobile style?

UPDATE: Great, that worked. Thanks so much! But do let me know if I need to do anything in particular to enable mobile users to use the forum.
          Richard Silverstein

Comment

• spr
            • Sep 2011
            • 4.1.x

Finally!

> In your Admin CP -> Options -> Message Posting Interface Options

>For the first setting do you have "Enable Standard & WYSIWYG Editor Controls" selected for all 3 options? You should.

>If that is set correctly go to your Settings and Edit Settings -> Message Editor Interface: and make sure you don't have basic checked. (This is your user's settings, not admincp settings)

So this was the trick!

I wrestled 2 days trying to figure out why I cannot see the wysiwyg editor.

Thanks, BirdOPrey5!

Comment

• CaptCom
              • May 2011
              • 4.1.x

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5
              In your Admin CP -> Options -> Message Posting Interface Options

For the first setting do you have "Enable Standard & WYSIWYG Editor Controls" selected for all 3 options? You should.

If that is set correctly go to your Settings and Edit Settings -> Message Editor Interface: and make sure you don't have basic checked. (This is your user's settings, not admincp settings)

Yes This is the real answer!!!
              Thank you!
              Thank you!
              Thank you, BirdOPrey5!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...