X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hawkgirl
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

[CMS] Preview images broken after upgrade from 4.1.2 PL2 to 4.1.6

I just upgraded from 4.1.2 PL2 to 4.1.6. The install appeared to be successful (no errors).

I'm having a devil of a time figuring out what is going on with my images at IVFConnections.com.

Almost every article posted before before April shows all of their images fine - preview image is there, images are in the article and are sized and placed just as I left them - while those posted after April 2011 don't show article preview images and the images inside the articles are no longer sized/aligned where they were supposed to be. This is happening in Firefox and Safari, both in my style and the default style. (Other formatting is screwy, too - tables that were displaying fine prior to this upgrade are now gronked.)

As seen in the first image, the two articles that are newest have broken preview images; the older ones (posted prior to when 4.1.2 PL2 was installed) are fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2011-09-29 at 1.54.58 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	3721928

I went through and double-checked all of the CMS permissions (all are good) and I cleared the CMS cache. I've searched high and low here and haven't seen any threads that already address this.

My guess is it's admin error and I just can't figure out what i screwed up. Any thoughts?

I vow never to upgrade forum software at 9pm ever again. Because invariably by 2am I am completely knackered and even have trouble articulating my problem here in my "helllllllp" post at vBulletin.
    Last edited by Hawkgirl; Thu 29 Sep '11, 7:31am.
  • Hawkgirl
    • Sep 2009
    • 3.8.x

(... waiting for Super Lynne to bail me out ...)

Comment

• Ramsesx
      • Aug 2005
      • 3.8.x

Have you checked if all templates were reverted especially the cms article preview related?

Comment

• Hawkgirl
        • Sep 2009
        • 3.8.x

Ramsesx, none of the CMS article templates have been changed - thanks for that tip. Other ideas?

Comment

• Ramsesx
          • Aug 2005
          • 3.8.x

Than the best you can do is trying to delete the attachments in the articles and add them again, save and look if the preview images are shown. If yes do this for all 17 articles with missing preview images. Or first maybe only save the articles again without editing. Good luck.

Comment

• Paul M
            Former Lead Developer
            vB.Com & vB.Org
            • Sep 2004

By default, it will try and display the image thumbnails now (for local images) rather than scale down the full image - however, your thumbnails appear to be broken, so nothing gets displayed. You can either rebuild your thumbnails, or turn off the thumbnail option. (vB Options > Content Management > Use Thumbnails in Preview).
            Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• mmostafayousef
              • Jul 2009
              • 3.8.x

How did you solve this problem Hawkgirl??

I tried what Paul M suggested but did not work for me.

Comment

• mmostafayousef
                • Jul 2009
                • 3.8.x

Anyone please.

Comment

• Paul M
                  Former Lead Developer
                  vB.Com & vB.Org
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by mmostafayousef
                  How did you solve this problem Hawkgirl??

I tried what Paul M suggested but did not work for me.
                  I suggested two things, to which are you referring ?
                  Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• mmostafayousef
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 3.8.x

I tried both. Neither worked.

Comment

• s3ejm
                      • Apr 2004

I just upgraded from 4.1.4 to 4.1.7 and all my images in the CMS articles have no preview images on the home page. The articles themselves are fine. You can see at www.crappie.com, yes it's a real website, a fishing website.

I've tried to add the image again to an existing article, and no still preview.

I'm in the process of rebuilding the Search index (I know it's not relates, but it'll be running for a while). I also have a rebuild of attachment thumbnails running too. With the backups I've performed, it's been a long night. So I'm letting those run and I'm off to bed.

You know, the issue was reported above, I find it hard to believe there's no conclusion.

Comment

• s3ejm
                        • Apr 2004

Well, in the CMS Setting Options, I turned "Use Thumbnails in Preview" to No, and now I got Thumbnails on the home page. I guess it's resizing the orig pics in the html html as opposed to using actual thumbnails. At least I got pics on the home page now and I can go to bed. Maybe my thumbnail rebuild will fix it, I don't know just yet, it's still running.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...