X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike Silvertree
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.2.X

[Forum] I Screwed Up The Forum Manager

I was attempting to add unique icons to each forum via the forum editor. I added an IMG tag in the description and got the icon to display, but the title was over the icon. I wanted to move the title to the right, so I put DIV tags with a style command to do inline css around the Forum Title and saved them.

(DIV Style="padding-left 50 px" Title (/DIV). (Yes I know those are incorrect, it is pseudo HTML so it gets through your editor and doesn't do anything)

And I put a semicolon at the end of the style, right after 50 px, which may be the culprit.

Now it does not display any forums in the forum manager. I was trying the first forum in the first category, and the category displays fine but none of the forums appears under it. The forum still works but the formatting of the one I experimented on is screwy.

How do I undo that edit? Which I assume will fix it.
  • Matthew Gordon
    • May 2002
    • 1.1.x

Try going directly to http://yoursite.com/forums/admincp/forum.php?do=edit&f=X where X is the forumid of the forum in question.

Comment

• Mike Silvertree
      • Aug 2011
      • 4.2.X

Thanks.

I tried that, and I got the Forum Editor, but the Title Field did not display, it started with the description field.

I have realized that I can use phpMyAdmin and edit the field directly. Do you know the names of the DB, table, and field where the title is to be found?

Comment

• HMBeaty
        • Mar 2005

phpmyadmin > forum

You should be able to see what you need from there
        "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
        "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
        "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Edit the forum in question within phpMyAdmin and remove the HTML.

Then go into your Admin CP and Forums & Moderators -> Add New Forum.

Add a new forum and save. If you don't want to keep it, then delete it. Just need to rebuild the datastore.

Should restore your Forum Manager.

Then post here what you're trying to do with the image and we can help you with a better way of implementing it.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mike Silvertree
            • Aug 2011
            • 4.2.X

Thanks to all three of you. It all was useful. I got it fixed.

Wayne, you already answered my how to question in this thread. Thanks.

BTW, I love how the data base has meaningful field names. Makes everything lots easier.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...