Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moonfox
    • Mar 2011
    • 3.8.x

Just a note. I bought as soon as it was available. Noticed there was no "new posts" feature and thought to myself I would keep quiet and not tell people about the app for a couple of weeks when everything was straightened out and it became a real product. Still waiting.

Comment

• slinky
      • Mar 2001
      • 1.1.x

Originally posted by moonfox
      Just a note. I bought as soon as it was available. Noticed there was no "new posts" feature and thought to myself I would keep quiet and not tell people about the app for a couple of weeks when everything was straightened out and it became a real product. Still waiting.
      It's now another week later. Do you know where your new posts are? Nobody has posted about the road map. This is another catastrophe waiting to get worse.
      My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• plarkin
        • Feb 2004
        • 3.5.x

Originally posted by moonfox
        I did the same thing. Bought the mobile app within MINUTES after it was made available but declined to tell my user base about it due to very SIMPLY things not being part of the app. Such as being able to mark forums read and search for new posts. I assumed (incorrectly) that those features would be fairly quick to arrive as they are relative core features needed for the product. Six months later and no joy.

I'm not particularly happy about having to pay for the app and then pay yearly updates with the release cycle as slow as it is. I also understand vBulletin is short of developers which is hindering the development of the product. As others have pointed out, this should NOT be our problem and should be remedied by the vBulletin team. I liked the suggestion of waiving the yearly upgrade fees and I think it would be wise for vBulletin to do something along these lines. At the very least the fees should be waived until a competent mobile development team is on the project and producing fixes/updates in a timely manner.

For me, what makes this matter worse is the lack of any coherent statement from vBulletin in terms of why we're in the situation we are in and what they plan on doing about it. I'm not talking about a sentence here and there spread across multiple threads, but a full-on statement posted in it's OWN sticky at the top of this forum that addresses all of these issues. I can deal with waiting, and I understand that all development teams go through trying times, but what I can't deal with is the lack of transparency between vBulletin and it's customer base.

Comment

• CruisersConnect
          • Mar 2010

vBulletin can we PLEASE get some more information? Thank you!

Comment

• IBxAnders
            • Aug 2001
            • 4.0.x

Originally posted by CruisersConnect
            vBulletin can we PLEASE get some more information? Thank you!

You absolutely may. This week we've resolved the issues gating the mobile releases and are gearing up to proceed with making the 1.1.3 release public as soon as possible. In addition we are re-focusing on a short to longterm mobile app roadmap that will allow us to provide some consistency in the application releases, including maintenance and improvements.

Thank you.
            anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
            Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
            Please be my friend!
            http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
            vBulletin Performance Articles:
            Click here to read

Comment

• CruisersConnect
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by IBxAnders
              You absolutely may. This week we've resolved the issues gating the mobile releases and are gearing up to proceed with making the 1.1.3 release public as soon as possible. In addition we are re-focusing on a short to longterm mobile app roadmap that will allow us to provide some consistency in the application releases, including maintenance and improvements.

Thank you.
              Thank you very much for the update. I have seen a significant increase in users registering and posting since I released our mobile app and I would really like to provide them with a better tool to access our forum. Although I don't believe 1.1.3 will offer our much of an upgrade (I may be wrong) I am excited for what the next few months may bring when you guys start down the road of continual application updates.

Comment

• CruisersConnect
                • Mar 2010

Thank you.
                Hello! I was just wondering what progress has been made in the last week. Thank you.

Comment

• IBxAnders
                  • Aug 2001
                  • 4.0.x

Originally posted by CruisersConnect
                  Hello! I was just wondering what progress has been made in the last week. Thank you.
                  Hey there. We are moving forward - the first update will be the fix for "Apple Store Rejections" issue. This is to be released today; followed up with 1.1.3 update soon. Thank you.
                  anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
                  Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
                  Please be my friend!
                  http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
                  vBulletin Performance Articles:
                  Click here to read

Comment

• CruisersConnect
                    • Mar 2010

Hey there. We are moving forward - the first update will be the fix for "Apple Store Rejections" issue. This is to be released today; followed up with 1.1.3 update soon. Thank you.
                    Thank you for the update. Any news on how long "soon" is going to be? I would really like to have an update before the new year. Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

It was already updated.

Comment

• SteveLV702
                        • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Zachery
                        It was already updated.

what mean? still coming back to me as 1.1.2 when use publisher to rebuild/compile app
                        ------------------------------------------
                        Steve
                        DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                        CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                        TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                        Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

That version was updated though.

Comment

• SteveLV702
                            • Aug 2009

well it was updated to fix the API problem that apple was rejecting.. CruisersConnect and my iPhone app 1.1.2 were not rejected so already in app store. so we are specifically asking about newer 1.1.3 version....
                            ------------------------------------------
                            Steve
                            DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                            CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                            TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
                            Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• Infopro
                              • Jun 2003
                              • 3.8.x

And that, in case anyone was wondering, is how you run up yur post count without actually saying anything. Thanks, Zachery!

Comment

• Zachery
                                Former vBulletin Support
                                • Jul 2002

Sorry, to be more clear the users who were getting notices of rejected app submissions, the product has been updated. No version change at this time.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...