How to set permission for index page of section?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dthoai
    • Aug 2011
    • 4.1.x

[CMS] How to set permission for index page of section?

I would like to set 'Can publish' permission for user group. But user in group can change layout of section by hover on section name, click pencil icon. How can I prevent user from changing layout of section?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Can Publish basically gives your usergroup access to the whole frontend. They can Publish sections also. I don't think there is a way of allowing them to publish articles but also not be able to modify the sections. That would require modifying the code.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• dthoai
      • Aug 2011
      • 4.1.x

Thanks for your support. I have found a way to fix this problem without modifying the code.

First I append a signal '-4e4ee1bc9f114' to SEO URL aliases of section. Next, I add ad block which is displayed for specified user group. In ad block, I add following code:

<script>
      var turl = window.location + '';
      if (turl.indexOf('-4e4ee1bc9f114/edit') >= 0) {
      turl = turl.replace('-4e4ee1bc9f114\/edit', '-4e4ee1bc9f114');
      window.location.replace(turl);
      }
      </script>

Comment

• Adom7
        • May 2007
        • 4.2.X

Same issue that I am facing with it on my site.
        I let the users in a specific user group to creat an article on cms, they not only edit their own articles but they also can edit section/metatag etc. and others' articles on every categ/sect.

Club Member can read -yes Can Download Attachments -yes Create Content- yes Edit Others' Content- no Can Publish- yes Can Use HTML in CMS Content- no

Thread's started in 2011, but the problem is still alive?:S
        Need more help!

The City of Antalya / Turkiye

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...