• Show
Clear All
  • reki
    • Jul 2001
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Multiple problems with Mobile Style

Update: a fix for this issue can be found in this post: #12

------------

This issue is previously referenced in this thread.

Forum Server:

URL: http://forums.relicnews.com/test
    vBulletin Version: 4.1.5 PL1 (Fresh install, no modifications, no altered control panel settings)
    Debian 6 Squeeze
    PHP 5.3.6
    nginx/0.8.54
    MySQL 5.1.54

Test username: testuser
    Test password: testpassword

Tested OS': MacOS 10.7, Windows 7
    Tested Browsers: Safari 5.1, Chrome 13.0.782.112, Firefox 5.01 (Issue is repeatable in all browsers)

Issue #1: Logging in:

If I use the quick style chooser to change to the Mobile Style, I am unable to log in. Pressing the "Log in" link just goes straight back to the main index page.

Issue #2: "Full Site" link does not work

Pressing the "Full Site" link does nothing. In order to return to the default style, I need to delete the forum cookie.

Issue #3: When logged in, unable to view threads.

I can view threads without any problem when logged out, but after logging in (using the default style and then changing to the Mobile style, as I am unable to log into the Mobile style directly), the query "loading" animation just spins continuously. Checking the browser error console shows the following error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2011-08-17 at 1.49.11 PM.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	3721202

... which seems from the other linked thread to be the same one several other people are getting.

I also tested this issue on a completely different server, and achieved the same results.
    Last edited by reki; Thu 25 Aug '11, 3:42pm.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

This works on my test forum and on these forums, but not yours.

Try this. Delete the Mobile Style, then reinstall it.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• reki
      • Jul 2001
      • 4.1.x

Yeah... it's a bit of a mystery, but it looks from that other thread like I'm not the only person with this issue. I deleted the mobile style, re-downloaded the current build from vB members area, and then re-installed it on the forum.

Same problem, I'm afraid. Perhaps it's a particular server configuration causing it?

Comment

• Claudio_BZ
        • Aug 2011
        • 4.1.x

I have the same problem with vBulletin 4.1.5 pl1
        It's the first time I'm using the mobile style. I realize that this work perfectly if not logged in, but I got an endless "loading" if logged in.
        Thank you

(Delete the Mobile Style, then reinstall it: not work!)

Comment

• Daniel.P
          • Apr 2008
          • 4.0.x

I have the same problem with vBulletin 4.1.5 pl1.

For me mobile style is broken on this version - cool is work hire on vb.com without problems

Try this. Delete the Mobile Style, then reinstall it.
          this is no solution.

This works on my test forum and on these forums
          may be you have different version
          born to fish forced to work

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Can you ensure you have the Mobile Style set in one of the 'Default Style for Modern Mobile Browsers' and 'Default Style for Old Mobile Browsers' fields here:

AdminCP > Settings > Options > Style & Language Settings

Then try again.
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Claudio_BZ
              • Aug 2011
              • 4.1.x

Yes, however, still does not work.
              The same error does well with the desktop, with Firefox (if I view the same stmobile style). Instead it works with Chrome.
              Android and iPhone will not work. open forums, but not the thread (continues to load)

Comment

• Steve Machol
                Former Customer Support Manager
                • Jul 2000

Originally posted by reki
                Yeah... it's a bit of a mystery, but it looks from that other thread like I'm not the only person with this issue. I deleted the mobile style, re-downloaded the current build from vB members area, and then re-installed it on the forum.

Same problem, I'm afraid. Perhaps it's a particular server configuration causing it?
                Fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• hqarrse
                  • Mar 2010
                  • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Claudio_BZ
                  I have the same problem with vBulletin 4.1.5 pl1
                  It's the first time I'm using the mobile style. I realize that this work perfectly if not logged in, but I got an endless "loading" if logged in.
                  Thank you

(Delete the Mobile Style, then reinstall it: not work!)
                  Did you ever solve this Claudio (or anyone else!)? I have the exact same symptoms for the first time in 4.1.5 (working before an upgrade), on two different servers, on my actual site and on a completely virgin install of VB 4.1.5 pl1 with absolutely no mods and no unusual settings or server settings.
                  VB 4.1.9 on the Army Rumour Service
                  VBSEO 3.6.0
                  CentOS 5.6 / Slackware 12

Comment

• reki
                    • Jul 2001
                    • 4.1.x

No, Steve asked me to submit it as a bug report because they couldn't work it out.

Comment

• hqarrse
                      • Mar 2010
                      • 4.1.x

OK, thanks. I am getting somewhere. We're missing the function getBaseUrl for some reason when logged in.

"Uncaught ReferenceError: getBaseUrl is not defined"

If I get that function out of the vbulletin-core.js and add it to the header then I get further errors. I'll keep playing. Must be something simple - scripts in the wrong order or some such.
                      VBSEO 3.6.0

Comment

• hqarrse
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 4.1.x

OK, a promising fix is to use jquery-1.4.4 from VB4.1.4pl3 instead of jquery-1.6.1 (assuming it is straight jquery in VB, also here http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.4.4.min.js). Put it in clientscript/jquery and edit the headinclude template, changing the jquery version number in the relevant script include line.

This has also bought my menu back to life and PMs now work. Not tested beyond that so expect a rather more gloomy edit to this post shortly!

Edit:

- To get PMs and grid menu working, the theme must be set as default mobile style in settings->styles and language settings
                        - Smilies aren't formatted properly and don't work when posting
                        Last edited by hqarrse; Thu 25 Aug '11, 9:10am. Reason: update
                        VBSEO 3.6.0

Comment

• reki
                          • Jul 2001
                          • 4.1.x

hquarrse, you are my new personal hero!

I can confirm this fix works for me but I also am able to use the grid menu, PMs and smileys without making it the default style. Perhaps that is a different issue you are having?

I also just noticed that this forum is using still using jquery-1.4.4.min.js as well, which explains why it works here. Thanks again, hquarrse!

Comment

• princesspepper
                            • Mar 2010
                            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by hqarrse
                            OK, a promising fix is to use jquery-1.4.4 from VB4.1.4pl3 instead of jquery-1.6.1 (assuming it is straight jquery in VB, also here http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.4.4.min.js). Put it in clientscript/jquery and edit the headinclude template, changing the jquery version number in the relevant script include line.

This has also bought my menu back to life and PMs now work. Not tested beyond that so expect a rather more gloomy edit to this post shortly!

Edit:

- To get PMs and grid menu working, the theme must be set as default mobile style in settings->styles and language settings
                            - Smilies aren't formatted properly and don't work when posting
                            Great! This has fixedmine too... Thanks

Just wished the mobile style worked in the CMS too now!

Comment

• Paul M
                              Former Lead Developer
                              vB.Com & vB.Org
                              • Sep 2004

Going back to an older version of jQuery (1.4.4) may solve the current issue with the later version (1.6.1), but could also have consequences elsewhere. Its also [obviously] not a long term solution.
                              Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...