Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • slinky
    • Mar 2001
    • 1.1.x

OK - thanks guys... figured out part of how the header and footer were missing. The global removal of the hooks removed the call to the other templates. What a relief. Wow... you should have seen how bad it looked!

Now for the rest. ckeditor not working and nor is the change box for styles.
    1) sprite.png in the right file
    2) I think that the pointer in editor.css is correct. I can't remember now what I changed last time that may require it to be changed again but the ckeditor is simply not loading.
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

• reefland
      • Sep 2000

Glad your style is back. I'll leave it up to Steve to help with the editor (not used it yet).
      sigpic
      Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Does that happen with a new test style with no parent or modifications?
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• slinky
          • Mar 2001
          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Does that happen with a new test style with no parent or modifications?
          It's the modified style only. Created a new test style - it creates a new vb style that works both regarding the editor and the style change dropdown. The vb 4.1.5p1 upgrade apparently has affected something in the custom style where the ckeditor doesn't show at all nor does the style change dropdown automatically launch the new style (although it appears.)

Comment

• slinky
            • Mar 2001
            • 1.1.x

Import of old style that worked with 4.1.5b doesn't work either. Looks like something in the files. Will upload the files for the forums folder now and see if that changes things...

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

That is really odd because the only file that changed in 4.1.5 PL1 is 'includes/class_core.php' (other than 'version_vbulletin.php' which has no affect.)
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• slinky
                • Mar 2001
                • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                That is really odd because the only file that changed in 4.1.5 PL1 is 'includes/class_core.php' (other than 'version_vbulletin.php' which has no affect.)
                I conducted a simple overwrite of all the files, nothing else, changed the forums.php to index.php in the root and no editor shows. It's taking a while to unpack the backup. I'll let you know the results of replacing each folder shortly. Thanks...

Comment

• slinky
                  • Mar 2001
                  • 1.1.x

Uploading the old files doesn't help. Something has disconnected the editor entirely from the custom styles. Must be in the database somewhere in the style. The two places I thought to look aren't working - sprite.png and the editor.css. My guess is that there is a path incorrect in the import.

The other question is why isn't the javascript working for the style dropdown? What javascript is creating the change in default chosen style and generating the redirect?

Comment

• Steverd
                    • Sep 2009

SAME problem in my forums also. Just made a post about it earlier, didn't see this one.
                    I upgraded from 4.1.4 to 4.1.5. my Smileys are messed up also.

Steve

Comment

• slinky
                      • Mar 2001
                      • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Steverd
                      SAME problem in my forums also. Just made a post about it earlier, didn't see this one.
                      Send me a PM and I'll take a look at your forum. I might be able to help with the smilies.

As far as this issue in the upgrade, it's making me crazy. Something happened in the upgrade that caused all my prior styles to (a) cause the Quick Style Chooser to fail, and (b) have the ckeditor not show. Trying to determine what javascripts are being used for the Quick Style Chooser right now. The ckeditor templates all look identical. This one is a killer.

Comment

• slinky
                        • Mar 2001
                        • 1.1.x

It may have something to do with the smilies... I've just noticed that the "more" button for my smilies no longer works either. Did anything change with the introduction of the new smilies?

Comment

• slinky
                          • Mar 2001
                          • 1.1.x

Originally posted by Steverd
                          Your problem is easy to solve:

(1) You need to make sure that the sprite.png image is in the /editor/ folder of your custom style, which you may be using. Search in the standard style - look in the images/editor/ folder and you'll see it. That will solve the lack of icons on the editor, which appears just not the button icons. Copy it and put it in shadesof subfolders where all your custom style icons are, put it in the styles/shadesof/editor/ folder.

(2) Your smilies aren't being found. You put them in the wrong folder too. They are in the stock style images folder. They need to be in the shadesof/smilies subfolder where your custom images are being stored.

Now back to our regularly scheduled uprade hell.

Comment

• Steverd
                            • Sep 2009

+1 Slinky.

I should have NEVER changed a theme and do an upgrade on the SAME night.

I copied SPRITE.PNG into my new themes editor folder - Problem #1 solved.
                            Them Moved my smilies from /images/smiles to New-theme/Smiles - Problem #2 solved!!!

Thank you!
                            Steverd

Comment

• slinky
                              • Mar 2001
                              • 1.1.x

You're welcome Steve!!!!

Back to my issue - there is a permissions problem I'm seeing - the custom style reports "access restrictions" and shows no style sheets being loaded for any of the ckeditor classes, e.g. blockfoot actionbuttons. I am guessing there is some part of the upgrade that has caused some folder permissions issue and not allowing the updates to be created for the editor.

Comment

• slinky
                                • Mar 2001
                                • 1.1.x

PROBLEM SOLVED --

OK, I'm creating my own private upgrade instructions I'm keeping with me for every upgrade, where I learn new stuff about what goes wrong with custom styles. When using replacement variables with the ckeditor, everything must be flushed if you're caching anything anywhere, even after a minor upgrade like 4.1.5p1 which isn't supposed to do anything to most of your files. Took a multitude of hours but now it works.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...