Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anders P
    • Feb 2002

[Forum] I need help to find out where some phrases are used

I need help to find out where some phrases are used in order to find out in what context they are used so I can make a correct translation.

I have now translated almost all phrases, over 15 000 phrases.
    (except some that are confirmed as unused in the tracker, also not translated the help texts for the css that are still in the software but not used for styling any more)
    However there are a few phrases that I have some difficulties to translate since depending on context the translation can be different.

Here are the phrases I struggle with and I would appreciate if anyone can point me in the direction to were I can find where they are used (what page etc.)

Phrase group: Content Management System AdminCP
    • access
    • filter
    • menu_type_fixed

Phrase group: Control Panel Global
    • clear
    • no_cache_clean

Phrase group: Control Panel Home Pages
    • rebuild_bitfields Fixed now

What is a "bitfield"?

Phrase group: Style Tools
    • dimension
    • friendly_name Fixed now
    • mapped_to Fixed now
    • mapping_stylevars Fixed now

Phrase group: Content Management System
    • action
    • max_level
    • publishing_page
    • show_siblings
    • url_segment

Thankful for all help I can get, even if it just is for one phrase.

/Anders
    who hopefully soon can have a 100% complete translation

BTW, There is no suitable prefix if it is a question that concerns the "suite" in general, you should add that.
    Last edited by Anders P; Mon 18 Jul '11, 4:07pm.
    Anders Pettersson
    Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
    If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
    Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

menu_type_fixed is in the template vbcms_widget_sectionnavext_config

no_cache_clean is used int he file admincp/com_content_admin.php and is used when you clear the cache. I guess you can be told your cache manager won't allow that function.

What is a bitfield? It's basically the storing of a bunch of the options/settings in the database in an easy manner to spit them back out. Sometimes it can't get corrupt and so you need to rebuild them. You can rebuild them at admincp/index.php?do=buildbitfields If you are in debug mode, then in the admincp on the left is the menu item Rebuild and under that is the option Rebuild Bitfields

friendly_name shows up when you create your own stylevar (debug mode, go to MASTER STYLE > Stylevars > create new stylevar)

mapped_to and mapping_stylevars are used when you use the vb3 to vb4 style generator. (class_stylevarmap_vb3tovb4.php)

Most of these I am finding by just using my Find in Directory function in my texteditor. Can you do that with your editor?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Anders P
      • Feb 2002

First of all thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by Lynne
      OK, I can find the template, but how can I see it used? I asumed that I should create a widget and when configuring that widget the phrase is used there somewhere? But I can't seem to find any widget that uses it. Any chance of being able to point me in the right direction?

no_cache_clean is used int he file admincp/com_content_admin.php and is used when you clear the cache. I guess you can be told your cache manager won't allow that function.
      OK, is that the menu option "vBulletin CMC -> Clear CMS Cache"?
      Related to this phrase "Your cache manager does not support the "clean" event." What is "clean" in this context mean? any place that explains it? is it a special function in php?

What is a bitfield? It's basically the storing of a bunch of the options/settings in the database in an easy manner to spit them back out. Sometimes it can't get corrupt and so you need to rebuild them. You can rebuild them at admincp/index.php?do=buildbitfields If you are in debug mode, then in the admincp on the left is the menu item Rebuild and under that is the option Rebuild Bitfields
      OK, found it, haven't been running in debug mode before. I guess "bitfields" is hard to translate.

friendly_name shows up when you create your own stylevar (debug mode, go to MASTER STYLE > Stylevars > create new stylevar)

mapped_to and mapping_stylevars are used when you use the vb3 to vb4 style generator. (class_stylevarmap_vb3tovb4.php)
      OK, thanks, found them and understand how they are used now, thanks.

Most of these I am finding by just using my Find in Directory function in my texteditor. Can you do that with your editor?
      Yes, I can usually find the phrases in the files or templates, but I am not that good in understanding code and based on that to actually find out how it is used anyway, I sort of need to see it in its context.
      And some of the phrases are really short words that can be found at many places, but not always as the phrase. like "access".

Thanks for the help so far. A few phrases down but still some to go.

/Anders
      Anders Pettersson
      Don't send me requests by PM to email you the Swedish language file that I have done. My translation is only available here at vbulletin.com to licensed users.
      If you want updates on when a new version of the Swedish language packs (forum & suite) are available, subscribe to this discussion.
      Don't PM me for support on how to install language files etc. please post in the appropriate forum, that will most likely give you help quicker.

Comment

• Anders P
        • Feb 2002

Bump.
        Anyone else that can help me with the remaining phrases?

/Anders
        Anders Pettersson

Comment

• Anders P
          • Feb 2002

I've had a more closer look at this template and noted that the part where the phrase is "used" in the template is commented off so it is not "used". Any idea why?
          So it wasn't that strange that I couldn't find it when trying to find it "in use".

From the template vbcms_widget_sectionnavext_config
          Code:
          <!--
          	<div class="fullwidth" style="margin-top:3em;">
          		<label for="menu_type" class="label">{vb:rawphrase menu_type}</label>
          		<select name="menu_type" id="menu_type">
          			<option value="1" {vb:raw one_selected}>{vb:rawphrase menu_type_fixed}</option>
          			<option value="2" {vb:raw two_selected}>{vb:rawphrase menu_type_js}</option>
          		</select>
          	</div>
          -->
          I still would appreciate help to find where the other phrases I mentioned in the first post are used.

/Anders
          Anders Pettersson

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...