WYSIWYG Editor Missing (vB 4.1.4 Patch Level 1)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Enable phpinfo in the Admin CP, then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Public phpinfo() Display Enabled
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• taylor_smith
      • Dec 2010
      • 4.0.x

Done.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

Hmmm...how can this be on a different server if you are using the same domain name as in post #1?

Ok, so I was catching up on the forums this weekend (pretty much a week behind sadly) and came across some good threads.  I will be covering some of these a bit later as I’m going to put out a tanking post with sections on the Watcher and DN.  But for now, I wanted to […]

Can you install this on a different domain without using a sub-domain?

Other than that I really don't have any further ideas. It's too bad you do not have access to support tickets. You may ust have to report this in the Bug Tracker, although I personally do not see how this is a problem with the default vB code.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• taylor_smith
          • Dec 2010
          • 4.0.x

Ping forum.stratics.com. Our IP is: 216.251.133.73. Subdomains can easily be hosted on a different server. You can also see http://stratics.com/test/php versus http://forum.stratics.com/test/php. You will not find Suhosin installed anywhere on our current server.

We are not using a hole-in-the-wall hosting company. We have three dedicated servers hosting dozens of websites which receive an average of over 100,000 views per day. We are running vBulletin 3.7 (http://vboards.stratics.com), IPB (http://worldofwarcraft.tgn.tv/) and MyBB (http://staff.stratics.com) on our servers without incident. Only vBulletin 4.x is not working. Having paid nearly $200 for our license, I feel that we have a reasonable expectation that it should work. :<

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

Yes, you have a reasonable expectation for this to work, And I am doing my best to find out what the problem is.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• stevectaylor
              • Aug 2007
              • 3.6.x

Which stylevar changes the colour of the font box?
              Holiday Forum
              Motor Car Forum
              Political Forum
              Web Hosting Forum

Comment

• taylor_smith
                • Dec 2010
                • 4.0.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                Yes, you have a reasonable expectation for this to work, And I am doing my best to find out what the problem is.

Unfortunately, we cannot. We had hoped to eventually use this for Stratics Forums, which is located here: http://vboards.stratics.com. This has been our web address for 13 years, so unfortunately we cannot change it simply because a forum software doesn't work with subdomains.

Comment

• Lion group
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 3.6.x

Originally posted by taylor_smith
                  Steve,

After much consultation with my host, my CEO, and our SYSOP, we created a fresh install on a server without Sohusin installed. Sadly, the editor is still not working. Please find screenshots below demonstrating that my settings are correct.

vBulletin 4.1.4 PL1

Editor enabled in ACP

Editor enabled in general settings

Still no editor

I ran Diagnostics > Suspect File Versions. No alerts. Please help me explain why the software is not working. It is my responsibility to identify a forum software for our 160,000 users and I'm under a lot of pressure to deliver. I hope you understand.

Please feel free to register. You may activate via email confirmation. Thank you for your insight.

We have a similar issue. Our live site is www. and our test site is dev.. This post made us wonder if sub-domians could be a problem? IS there any feedback on this?

We too are a large forum and have wasted far to much time on this editor upgrade. It make no sense. We find it kinda difficult to hand over the keys to the kingdom for a looks see too.

IE and FF paint a box and then there is no post input box. This is in both QR and New Post/Thread. Chrome gives us a text imput box though and it works. We can post.

Anyone got a clue? We've uploaded and re-uploaded. We have multiple stock template sets and No plugins enabled. There are no extra files, only vb files.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Originally posted by taylor_smith
                    Unfortunately, we cannot. We had hoped to eventually use this for Stratics Forums, which is located here: http://vboards.stratics.com. This has been our web address for 13 years, so unfortunately we cannot change it simply because a forum software doesn't work with subdomains.
                    I only wanted you do do this as a test install to help troubleshoot the problem. If you can't do that, then I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. Please feel free to report this report this in the vB4 Bug Tracker then:

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Lion group
                      We have a similar issue. Our live site is www. and our test site is dev.. This post made us wonder if sub-domians could be a problem? IS there any feedback on this?

We too are a large forum and have wasted far to much time on this editor upgrade. It make no sense. We find it kinda difficult to hand over the keys to the kingdom for a looks see too.

IE and FF paint a box and then there is no post input box. This is in both QR and New Post/Thread. Chrome gives us a text imput box though and it works. We can post.

Anyone got a clue? We've uploaded and re-uploaded. We have multiple stock template sets and No plugins enabled. There are no extra files, only vb files.
                      Please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• taylor_smith
                        • Dec 2010
                        • 4.0.x

I think I've found something. We tried turning off CloudFlare on our server. After about 3 hours, the editor started working.

CloudFlare has been protecting us from DDoS (we've had a couple massive attacks) and has cut our server costs by about 50%. However, I suspect that it is not the entire CF suite, but one or two settings that are proving incompatible with the new editor. Steve, have you heard about any particular CF settings that interfere with the new editor?

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

That's interseting. This is the first I've heard of any issues with CloudFlare. Can you check the server error logs to see if something shows up that may help explain this?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• taylor_smith
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 4.0.x

I've asked my boss to provide error logs. Meanwhile, we've disabled several settings in CloudFlare on the original server (http://www.stratics.com/forum) and the editor suddenly started working. We're now going to see if we can pinpoint precisely which setting(s) is incompatible.

Comment

• taylor_smith
                              • Dec 2010
                              • 4.0.x

My boss narrowed the problem to one CloudFlare setting: AutoMinify JS files. When this setting is active, the editor does not work. Turned off, the editor works fine.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                                • Jul 2000

Excellent detective work. Thanks for sharing.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...