X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notfrostyjosh
    • Jun 2011
    • 4.1.x

[Forum] Several ckeditor problems

I'm having several problems with ckeditor and the forum overall. I have reuploaded all original vBulletin files in ascii mode and ran the diagnostic for suspect file versions. The only problem it found was: blank.html File does not contain expected contents. I don't have any active plugins.

1. I had mentioned this in another topic, but it still happening. Every time someone tries to submit a quick reply, the box pops up asking, "This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved." If you click "leave page" it will post the reply and refresh the thread. If you click "stay on page" it will stay on the page with the reply still in the box. Someone showed me how to make a change to the javascript to disable this, but I want to keep all files original because of the following problems.

2. Whenever someone clicks "Reply with quote" it just hangs there doing nothing. Click "Reply with quote" a second time will take the person to "Go advanced" screen with the reply there as it should be. This happens to all users in Firefox and Internet Explorer. I tried the fix listed here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...After-Upgrade?, including making a new style and testing it.

3. In Firefox, when someone types in the quick reply box and then clicks "Go advanced" what they typed in the quick reply box doesn't appear in the edit box on the Go Advanced screen. The text does appear above it in the "Preview" portion of the screen. When I go to settings - general settings and change the message editor interface to standard editor, it works as it should. Also in the ckeditor in Firefox (both 4 and 5) it does not display smilies either in the quick reply or go advanced. In Internet Explorer it functions correctly.

4. In Firefox, when you edit a post there is no text in the edit box.

Does anyone know how to fix any of these problems?
    Last edited by notfrostyjosh; Sat 25 Jun '11, 4:01pm.
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

What is the URL to your site?

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

If you do not have this problem with the original templates, then this means the problem is with one or more of your custom templates. You need to revert your templates, then redo your changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• notfrostyjosh
      • Jun 2011
      • 4.1.x

www.easywdw.com/forums - I did edit the javascript code so that it doesn't display the "stay on page/leave page" thing but everything else is the original files. I already created a new style with no parent style (the "newer style") that is currently the default when I was trying to fix the "reply with quote" problem. All problems are still the same. At one point I did have http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...=264219&page=2 installed but have since uninstalled and deleted it. I also recently reverted I think 37 templates to be up to date with version 4.1.4.

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Do any of your smilie file names have a "(" or ")" in them (a parenthesis)?

Have you checked your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) at all to see if there is an error displayed in there when you try to Reply with Quote and nothing happens?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• notfrostyjosh
          • Jun 2011
          • 4.1.x

One of them did, I removed the (). I don't think it changed anything. I checked the "Error Logs" in cPanel and don't see an error that would relate to this.

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

First, make sure you have the WYSIWYG Editor enabled here:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Posting Interface Options -> Enable Clickable Message Formatting Controls

Then make sure you have selected the Enhanced editor in your user Settings:

Settings -> Edit Options -> Message Editor Interface -> Enhanced Interface

If you see the editor without the images, then this means you have not uploaded the 4.1.4 'images/editor/sprite.png' file. You need to do that.

Then make sure you have all BB Code options enabled here:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> BB Code Settings -> Enabled Built-in BB Codes

And have set this:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> BB Code Settings -> Allow BB Code in Non Forum Specific Areas -> Yes

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• notfrostyjosh
              • Jun 2011
              • 4.1.x

Under Enable Clickable Message Formatting Controls I have "Enable Standard and WYSIWYG Controls" for all three options.

For Settings -> Edit Options -> Message Editor Interface -> Enhanced Interface do you mean "General Settings" rather than "edit options?" Either way, I have "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" selected.

For Allow users to include BB code in non-forum-specific areas? (Such as [b], [i] etc.) I have it selected as "Yes."

And I'm still having the same problems.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

Honestly I don't see how you can have those problem with the default vB. Let's start at the beginning.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.

Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• notfrostyjosh
                  • Jun 2011
                  • 4.1.x

I originally overwrote the vBulletin files this morning and ended up deleting them all and then reuploading them from a fresh download. For Suspect File Versions the errors I get are:

vbulletin_textedit.js File does not contain expected contents
                  blank.html File does not contain expected contents

The reason for the first file is that I edited it as noted here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12548

For Plugins I have

Acronym Mod for vB 3.5 0.1 Modified by ibeji 18-08-2007 09:49
                  DragonByte Tech: Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Lite 1.1.4 Advanced Post Thanks / Like lets members quickly voice their opinion on a post.
                  Footer Link 1 It will a custom link in the footer
                  GlowHost - Spam-O-Matic 2.0.2 Ultimate solution to defend against SPAM: Check new registrations from StopForumSpam database, auto moderate posts against custom word-list and Akismet service.
                  PHPKD - Advanced Quick Reply 'Ultimate' 4.0.110 This product extends 'Quick Reply' functionality to allow all "Advanced Editor" options [ All Built-In BBCodes / Attachments / Smilies / Management ], (threads, blogs, social groups, albums, visitor messages, private messages) [customizable].
                  Skimlinks Plugin 2.0.7 Official Skimlinks plugin for vBulletin
                  Tabs en vBulletin 4.x 2.0.3 Sistema que permite poner Tabs en el menú de vBulletin
                  They are all disabled and crossed out. I also added that line of code in config.php to disable hooks as directed in the link in my original post that tried to fix the "reply with quote" hang.

Everything is unchecked in the plugin manager and I "saved active status" again.

I created "Newest Style" with no parent style and the problems are the same.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

Did you manually uncheck each plugin for that add-ons?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

Also please upload the original vbulletin_textedit.js file.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• notfrostyjosh
                        • Jun 2011
                        • 4.1.x

Yes, I manually unchecked everything and reuploaded the original vbulletin_textedit.js and it's doing the same leave page/stay on page every time someone clicks the post quick reply button along with all of the same problems as before.

Comment

• notfrostyjosh
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 4.1.x

Would something in my .htaccess file be preventing something from working properly?

## RewriteEngine enabled

RewriteEngine On

# If the request contains /proc/self/environ

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} proc\/self\/environ [OR]

# Legacy configuration variable injection

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} mosConfig_[a-zA-Z_]{1,21}(=|\%3D) [OR]

# Block out any script trying to base64_decode stuff to send via URL

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} base64_encode.*\(.*\) [OR]

# Block out any script that includes a <script> tag in URL

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (\<|%3C).*script.*(\>|%3E) [NC,OR]

# Block out any script trying to set a PHP GLOBALS variable via URL

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} GLOBALS(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2}) [OR]

# Block out any script trying to modify a _REQUEST variable via URL

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} _REQUEST(=|\[|\%[0-9A-Z]{0,2})

# Instead of using 403, we'd better use 404 (Not Found) to confuse hackers

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php [R=404,L]

## File injection protection

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} GET

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} [a-zA-Z0-9_]\=http:\/\/(.*)

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [R=404,L]

## SQLi first line of defense

## May cause problems on legitimate requests

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} concat.*\( [NC,OR]

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} union.*select.*\( [NC,OR]

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} union.*all.*select.* [NC]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [R=404,L]

## Common hacking tools and bandwidth hoggers block

# The following rules are for common hacking tools:

SetEnvIf user-agent "Indy Library" stayout=1

SetEnvIf user-agent "libwww-perl" stayout=1

SetEnvIf user-agent "Wget" stayout=1

# The following rules are for bandwidth-hogging download tools

SetEnvIf user-agent "Download Demon" stayout=1

SetEnvIf user-agent "GetRight" stayout=1

SetEnvIf user-agent "GetWeb!" stayout=1

SetEnvIf user-agent "Go!Zilla" stayout=1

SetEnvIf user-agent "Go-Ahead-Got-It" stayout=1

SetEnvIf user-agent "GrabNet" stayout=1

SetEnvIf user-agent "TurnitinBot" stayout=1

# This line denies access to all of the above tools

deny from env=stayout

### Add handlers - Breaks themes

#AddHandler php-cgi .php .inc

#AddType 'text/html; charset=UTF-8' .html

#AddType text/plain .ini .sh .bsh .bash .awk .nawk .gawk .csh .var .c .in .h .asc .md5 .sha .sha1

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f # Existing File

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d # Existing Directory

#RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

## Denies any direct request for files in wp-content ending in .php with a 403 Forbidden (may break plugins/themes)

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /wp-content/.*$ [NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !^.+flexible-upload-wp25js.php$

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} ^.+\.(php|html|htm|txt)$

RewriteRule .* - [F,NS,L]

## Denies any direct request for files wp-includes ending in .php with a 403 Forbidden

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /wp-includes/.*$ [NC]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} !^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /wp-includes/js/.+/.+\ HTTP/ [NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} ^.+\.php$

## Blocks some common exploits with a 403 Forbidden

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/(wp-login.php|wp-admin/|wp-content/plugins/|wp-includes/).* [NC]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ ///.*\ HTTP/ [NC,OR]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /.*\?\=?(http|ftp|ssl|https):/.*\ HTTP/ [NC,OR]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /.*\?\?.*\ HTTP/ [NC,OR]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /.*\.(asp|ini|dll).*\ HTTP/ [NC,OR]

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /.*\.(htpasswd|htaccess|aahtpasswd).*\ HTTP/ [NC]

## Denies any POST attempt made to a non-existing wp-comments-post.php

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /.*/wp-comments-post\.php.*\ HTTP/ [NC]

## Denies any request for a URL containg characters other than "a-zA-Z0-9.+/-?=&"

#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/(wp-login.php|wp-admin/|wp-content/plugins/|wp-includes/).* [NC]

#RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} !^[A-Z]{3,9}\ [a-zA-Z0-9\.\+_/\-\?\=\&]+\ HTTP/ [NC]

#RewriteRule .* - [F,NS,L]

## Denies any POST request with a content type other than application/x-www-form-urlencoded|multipart/form-data

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} =POST

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Content-Type} !^(application/x-www-form-urlencoded|multipart/form-data.*(boundary.*)?)$ [NC]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/(wp-login.php|wp-admin/|wp-content/plugins/|wp-includes/).* [NC]

## Denies exploit using bogus graphics (.jpg that's really .php code)

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Content-Disposition} \.php [NC]

RewriteCond %{HTTP:Content-Type} image/.+ [NC]

# Use PHP5 as default

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

AddHandler fcgid-script php cgi fcgi

# BEGIN WordPress

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine On

RewriteBase /

RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule . /index.php [L]

</IfModule>

# END WordPress

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^easywdw\.com$ [NC]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.easywdw.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Comment

• benative
                            • Oct 2009

Upgrading your browser can help you resolve those problems. Also, tell your visitor's to upgrade their browsers.

Comment

• notfrostyjosh
                              • Jun 2011
                              • 4.1.x

No, that's not it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...