• Show
Clear All
  • Brew
    • Jan 2001
    • 3.6.x

[CMS] Missing argument error on article promotion to CMS

When I try to promote an article to the CMS I get this error:

Code:
    [B]Warning[/B]: Missing argument 2 for  vB_Template_Runtime::linkBuild(), called in  [path]/includes/class_core.php(4414) : eval()'d code on line 7 and  defined in [B][path]/includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]5231[/B]

[B]Fatal error[/B]:  Call to undefined method vB_Friendly_Url_Error::get_url() in [B]/home/XXXX/public_html/includes/functions.php[/B] on line [B]7096[/B]
    It's been happening since I upgraded to 4.1.3 and I was hoping 4.1.4 would fix it...but it hasn't.

Any ideas?

It does this even if I disable all add-ons through both disabling in the Admin and adding "define("DISABLE_HOOKS", 1);"
    to the config file.

Thanks!

EDIT:
    I forgot to mention that I get this error no matter what my Friendly URL settings are and I am using a theme that is made for ver 4.1.4 of Vb.
    Last edited by Brew; Sun 19 Jun '11, 11:03am.
    Brewskie

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side & a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

There are only two rules in construction:
    If it moves and it shouldn't..........use Duct Tape
    If it doesn't move and it should.....use WD-40
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

I know you said you disabled your plugins, but eval() errors are always from modifications, and rarely bad files.

To troubleshoot this, first reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server. Also be sure to upload the admincp files to whichever directory you have set in your config.php file. Then run 'Suspect File Versions' in Diagnostics to make sure you have all the original files for your version and that none show 'File does not contain expected contents':

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Suspect File Versions

[Note: In some cases you may also need to remove any of the listed .xml files in the includes/xml directory.]

Next, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Brew
      • Jan 2001
      • 3.6.x

Thanks for your response Steve,

I have done a lot of searching on these forums and have come across the very post you replied here with many times.

I have done everything in the post yet the problem persists.

Are there other things to do to find the problem?
      Brewskie

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side & a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

What's the URL?

Honestly you can't get an eval() error if you follow all of those instructions. Try again.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Brew
          • Jan 2001
          • 3.6.x

Honest Steve, I really don't mean to sound argumentative. However I have tried the instructions, to the letter, many times, and the problem persists.

I've never had this problem until I upgraded to 4.1.3 too.

There are several updated themes I've tried your instructions on, including the default theme, and it really makes no difference on the theme.

I understand what you're saying about the eval() error being about addons.

I guess the only thing left to do is to actually deinstall all the addons by actually deleting their files after uninstalling them. It will take some time to do but I will post here again after I see if this solves the problem.

Thanks for you help again
          Brewskie

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

What is the URL?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Brew
              • Jan 2001
              • 3.6.x

Oh, sorry

If you want access PM me.

I haven't had the time to start deleting the mods yet though.
              Brewskie

Comment

• Steve Machol
                • Jul 2000

I get a blank white page with that link.

Please see this for all the known causes of blank or 'white' pages:

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Brew
                  • Jan 2001
                  • 3.6.x

The only thing I get are files that aren't part of vB (mods). Those errors are "File not recognized as part of vBulletin" (under Maintenance/Diagnostics/Suspect File Versions)

Except one file that gives the error "File does not contain expected contents" in /clientscript/yui/history/assets and the file is "blank.html" which I have reuploaded and still get this error.

I've done everything on that page you link to that effects my set up, including verifying the file and directory permissions and that seems to be ok.

But why would you get a blank page yet I can see it fine, even if I clear the browser cache?

I changed the default theme to one that's been updated for vB 4.1.4. Does that change things?
                  Brewskie

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    • Jul 2000

There has to be some sort of server issue or modification that is causing the white page for me. Did you go through everything on that troubleshooting page?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Brew
                      • Jan 2001
                      • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                      There has to be some sort of server issue or modification that is causing the white page for me. Did you go through everything on that troubleshooting page?
                      I've done everything the instructions have told me to do, from several sources. But the problem persists.

The only thing I haven't done is delete the entire thing, except certain files like config.php and some of the themes that are supposed to be 4.0+ compatible (after uninstalling the mods of course).

If the problem still persists after reuploading just the stock files for Vb then the problem may be in the DB.

As for the blank page showing for you I really don't know what to say. All three of my computers see the actual page and a few of my friends report that they see the Vb Message that the forums are closed for upgrading as it should say.

After uploading the files and running vB "fresh" I'll report back here what happens.
                      Brewskie

Comment

• Brew
                        • Jan 2001
                        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        OK...

I have uninstalled all products, deleted most everything (except things like the images directory and themes, etc) and the problem remains.

Actually, on my first try to promote an article I got an error about a widget which I then uninstalled and I then got the same error as I talk about in my first post here. Except now it says line "4" instead of line "7"....

Code:
                        [B]Warning[/B]: Missing argument 2 for  vB_Template_Runtime::linkBuild(), called in  [path]/includes/class_core.php(4414) : eval()'d code on line 4 and  defined in [B][path]/includes/class_core.php[/B] on line [B]5231[/B]

[B]Fatal error[/B]:  Call to undefined method vB_Friendly_Url_Error::get_url() in [B]/home/xxxxx/public_html/includes/functions.php[/B] on line [B]7096
                        [/B]
                        Attached is a screenshot of the products page.

What else could cause the problem?

Click image for larger version

Name:	no-products.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	3682760
                        Brewskie

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

Post #2 is still applicable. Eval() errors are from modifications.

Try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you do, empty your browser cache, close all browser windows and try again.

If you do not have this problem with the original templates, then this means the problem is with one or more of your custom templates. You need to revert your templates, then redo your changes.

Note: Your forums are still blank for me.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Brew
                            • Jan 2001
                            • 3.6.x

I have created a new theme using "no parent" and named the new style "noparent" and I made that style as the default one (is the screen still blank after this for you?). I have also cleared the browser cache and restarted ForeFox.

But I am still getting the same error.

I rarely ever use Internet Explorer yet this problem occurs with that too. I even erased all history, cache etc in IE as well.

EDIT:
                            I was just thinking...tell me if you can get to this thread..... http://www.politicalforums.net/forum...-a-TEA-Partier
                            Last edited by Brew; Thu 30 Jun '11, 10:29am.
                            Brewskie

Comment

• Brew
                              • Jan 2001
                              • 3.6.x

I forgot to include a screenshot of the Products page.

As you can see, there are no products installed except those for the CMS & Blog.

Could it be a problem where during upgrading the DB got messed up a bit?

Thanks for your help
                              Brewskie

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...