I hate ckeditor

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Destron
    • Dec 2009

I don't think these types of threads are very productive, because love it or hate it, the ckeditor is not going away, it would be much better to point out the bugs or issues people are having the post problems with, so they can be addressed.

Comment

• Videx
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Loco.M
      Also I for one like the "upload this file to your website" option as do my members.
      Heh. You linked a thread where only 3 people participated, and only two of those said it was 'cool' or 'neat'. Unless you have a total of about 4 members, 2 in favor of it hardly wins any kind of vote.

I would like to just disable this as I'm sick of people finding cute images on the internet and then expecting me to back them up every month. I don't care if the image disappears; by then nobody will be reading the thread.

Comment

• Paul M
        Former Lead Developer
        vB.Com & vB.Org
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by worried
        Liking is one thing. Not being able to use it because of bugs is another.
        You seem able to use it well enough to make endless complaining posts here .....
        Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• worried
          • Dec 2008
          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
          What bugs make the CKEditor completely not useable?
          I've said it over and over. Why does vB staff ignore my complaints?! 4.1.4 is completely buggy with FF 3.6. Specifically, cursor issues--that kind of bug sort of stares you in the face. I'm guessing there's still a lot of FF users with ver. 3.6 on their machine. Worst yet, you cannot post or edit with the iPhone/iPad/iTouch without changing the browser's default settings--your typical user isn't going to figure that out. I cannot post with my Motorola Droid either.

Comment

• worried
            • Dec 2008
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Paul M
            You seem able to use it well enough to make endless complaining posts here .....
            With all due respect, I'm pissed. Because I may have to change over to IP Board. I'd rather not go through the hassle but I don't want to lose members either.

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

You know they use the same editor right?

There is a fix in the bug tracker for the mobile browsers.

Firefox 3.x is no longer being provided security fixes, AFAIK. Neither is Firefox 4. Staying on Firefox 3.x is a bit like staying on IE6.

Comment

• worried
                • Dec 2008
                • 4.2.X

I don't consider disabling javascript a fix. Has another fix been posted?

Comment

• Zachery
                  Former vBulletin Support
                  • Jul 2002

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12092 Upload the js file and overwrite the one on your server.

Comment

• benative
                    • Oct 2009

I've said it over and over. Why does vB staff ignore my complaints?! 4.1.4 is completely buggy with FF 3.6. Specifically, cursor issues--that kind of bug sort of stares you in the face. I'm guessing there's still a lot of FF users with ver. 3.6 on their machine. Worst yet, you cannot post or edit with the iPhone/iPad/iTouch without changing the browser's default settings--your typical user isn't going to figure that out. I cannot post with my Motorola Droid either.
                    It works very smoothly with FF5

Comment

• Andy
                      • Jan 2002
                      • 4.1.x

Worst yet, you cannot post or edit with the iPhone/iPad/iTouch without changing the browser's default settings
                      I have no problem posting with an iPhone using default settings (javascript is enabled).

Comment

• TTF
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 4.0.x

My members are having many issues too. People on iPhone and iPad can post however the spacing in their posts is removed. So for example the following:

"Testing testing

3"

Would display as "Testing testing123"

This can be worked around if they switch the enhanced editor to basic or standard in the settings however they still can't see the images link no matter if they go into the quick reply or advanced. So short of them knowing what the bb code is, they cannot post images or hyperlinks. All of us may know how to do that but a regular member doesn't and where my site is very image and link orientated, it's a bit of a nightmare.

In addition to this the autosave feature is freezing some browsers. Perhaps not the latest version of browsers but browsers that are only slightly outdated, so that is irritating.

Finally and I appreciate this isn't related to the ck editor, but now I've upgraded to version 4.1.4 in Firefox 5, some users are having issues with reading the last page of a thread. When they click on it, it takes them to the second to last page and just will not show the last page. Only solution seems to be to clear the cache. As this is an up to date version of the browser this is frustrating to say the least as combined with the other issues, no matter what browser you're using there seems to be some sort of issue. I was previously running version 4.1.1 and had no issues whatsoever. I originally upgraded so that I could purchase the mobile suite but after reading all the issues that people are having their I've decided to hold off.

Anyway this isn't mean to just bash vBulletin as I really like the software on the whole and don't regret using it however it does seem that testing has been a little lacklustre on this release as I've been inundated with emails from members who are having issues and I may need to revert back to the previous version I was running unless I can find some fixes soon to avoid people using other forums.

Now like nearly every other forum owner I have some mods from vb.org so there's no point in me submitting any of these issues to a bug tracker or similar as I can't just disable the mods to prove it's not them causing the issue but just wanted to share my views here as I'm clearly not the only one having issues.

If anyone has any solution to the things I have posted on I would be grateful if you could share. Thanks.

And to any people working for vBulletin, will there be a release anytime soon to fix some of these issues, particularly the iPhone spacing issue?

Oh and one last thing, where's the restore autosave button?

Comment

• worried
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Andy
                          I have no problem posting with an iPhone using default settings (javascript is enabled).
                          How is that possible especially when vB says otherwise?

Myself and my members cannot post from the iphone. Other members can't post from their ipad. Did you install a patch?

Comment

• Ramsesx
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 3.8.x

Isn't there a fix in this link you provided worried?

Comment

• worried
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 4.2.X

I'm replying to that in my own thread. https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...ch-for-iphones

Comment

• g00gl3r
                                • Sep 2004
                                • 3.5.x

Originally posted by TTF
                                My members are having many issues too. People on iPhone and iPad can post however the spacing in their posts is removed. So for example the following:

"Testing testing

3"

Would display as "Testing testing123"

This can be worked around if they switch the enhanced editor to basic or standard in the settings however they still can't see the images link no matter if they go into the quick reply or advanced. So short of them knowing what the bb code is, they cannot post images or hyperlinks. All of us may know how to do that but a regular member doesn't and where my site is very image and link orientated, it's a bit of a nightmare.

In addition to this the autosave feature is freezing some browsers. Perhaps not the latest version of browsers but browsers that are only slightly outdated, so that is irritating.

Finally and I appreciate this isn't related to the ck editor, but now I've upgraded to version 4.1.4 in Firefox 5, some users are having issues with reading the last page of a thread. When they click on it, it takes them to the second to last page and just will not show the last page. Only solution seems to be to clear the cache. As this is an up to date version of the browser this is frustrating to say the least as combined with the other issues, no matter what browser you're using there seems to be some sort of issue. I was previously running version 4.1.1 and had no issues whatsoever. I originally upgraded so that I could purchase the mobile suite but after reading all the issues that people are having their I've decided to hold off.

Anyway this isn't mean to just bash vBulletin as I really like the software on the whole and don't regret using it however it does seem that testing has been a little lacklustre on this release as I've been inundated with emails from members who are having issues and I may need to revert back to the previous version I was running unless I can find some fixes soon to avoid people using other forums.

Now like nearly every other forum owner I have some mods from vb.org so there's no point in me submitting any of these issues to a bug tracker or similar as I can't just disable the mods to prove it's not them causing the issue but just wanted to share my views here as I'm clearly not the only one having issues.

If anyone has any solution to the things I have posted on I would be grateful if you could share. Thanks.

And to any people working for vBulletin, will there be a release anytime soon to fix some of these issues, particularly the iPhone spacing issue?

Oh and one last thing, where's the restore autosave button?
                                Auto-save is bottom left-hand corner of the editor.

I too have this problem though: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...No-BR-in-posts

I'm hoping VB actually test the next release before releasing it. Problem after problem with every upgrade since 4. Not good really. The bug "fixes" in the newer releases normally come with a while bunch of new bugs. I thought the market leader in forum development would have it sorted. It's not like there aren't enough test forums knocking about.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...