• Feb 2005
    • 4.2.x

[Forum] New 4.1.4 Editor Colours..

Background grey, hover light blue, etc etc

How are they all changed?
  • josiah
    • Nov 2008
    • 4.1.x

You will have to be more specific, there are many colours that fit the bill...stylevars is the usual villian in these inquiries.
    <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

Comment

• WhatChaMissin
      • Apr 2005
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Bounce
      Background grey, hover light blue, etc etc

How are they all changed?
      I'm having trouble changing mine. I've only been able to change the Auto Save background color so far. When I try changing the Editor Button Hover Background it seems to have no effect.

Comment

• josiah
        • Nov 2008
        • 4.1.x

There are so many variations, can you be VERY specific in detailing the exact colours Etc that you wish to change and in which application ( icons / navbar / hover Etc)
        <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

Comment

• Bounce
          • Feb 2005
          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by josiah1
          There are so many variations, can you be VERY specific in detailing the exact colours Etc that you wish to change and in which application ( icons / navbar / hover Etc)
          The editor has a greyish/white background!! That one

Comment

• WhatChaMissin
            • Apr 2005
            • 3.8.x

I think the OP is pretty clear and straight forward. He wants to know how to change the colors for the new editor.
            Going into StyleVars, typing editor in the search box and changing the values for each element doesn't seem to have any effect.
            So far I've only been able to change the auto save background color.

Comment

• Zachery
              Former vBulletin Support
              • Jul 2002

Colors is pretty broad, I believe he wants to change the look/feel/interface of the editor itself.
              I believe that right now the editor is using its own custom css, and the stylevars currently in place are for the old editor.

I'll see what I can do to get it working again, but make no promises. I will report a bug if one is not reported though.

Comment

• WhatChaMissin
                • Apr 2005
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Zachery
                Colors is pretty broad, I believe he wants to change the look/feel/interface of the editor itself.
                I believe that right now the editor is using its own custom css, and the stylevars currently in place are for the old editor.

I'll see what I can do to get it working again, but make no promises. I will report a bug if one is not reported though.
                LMAOOOO, Thanks for taking the time to post this up, you just save me from needlessly spending some time on this.
                Good luck and post up the link to the bug report. I'll surely vote for it.

BTW: Why are there legacy elements in the StyleVars? If a stylevar is no longer valid shouldn't it be removed?

Comment

• Bounce
                  • Feb 2005
                  • 4.2.x

Originally posted by WhatChaMissin
                  I think the OP is pretty clear and straight forward. He wants to know how to change the colors for the new editor.
                  Going into StyleVars, typing editor in the search box and changing the values for each element doesn't seem to have any effect.
                  So far I've only been able to change the auto save background color.
                  Correct I've tried changing all those with no effect!

Yes Zachery, I want a different colour for background, for the button tabs themselves and the hover of the buttons tabs!

Originally posted by WhatChaMissin

If a stylevar is no longer valid shouldn't it be removed?
                  Good point! I ever searched for ckeditor etc in the stylevars!

Comment

• Bounce
                    • Feb 2005
                    • 4.2.x

Any joy or link to bug?

Comment

• Bounce
                      • Feb 2005
                      • 4.2.x

bump

Comment

• Bounce
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 4.2.x

4.1.5 not solved this then ??

Comment

• Zachery
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Jul 2002

The easiest way is to customize the skin of ckeditor, we're using the karma skin as far as I know.

Comment

• Bounce
                            • Feb 2005
                            • 4.2.x

The easiest way is to customize the skin of ckeditor, we're using the karma skin as far as I know.
                            How do I do that?

Comment

• Zachery
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • Jul 2002

Edit the CSS for the karma skin, in the ckeditor folder of the software.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...